Jeweled butt plugs, or “princess plugs” as they’re often called, are simply butt plugs that have a gem or crystal embedded in the base for maximum visual WOW factor.
Gem plugs have become incredibly popular over the past decade as anal sex has become more and more popular. They’re a great way to make anal more approachable, while adding a naughty, sexy flair that you don’t get with regular butt plugs.
But there’s two big problems with a lot of princess plugs on the market:
- There are tons of cheap knockoff plugs available on retailers like Amazon, Alibaba, and Ebay that are made with questionable materials.
- Most princess plugs’ bases are too narrow, and prone to getting pulled into your ass during sex. Especially the heart-shaped bases.
We’ve sorted through all the unsafe and crappy models, and narrowed it down to this list of the 9 best jewel plugs by materials, versatility, and price point.
Let’s get to it!
What You Need to Know Before Buying Any Jeweled Princess Plug
Princess plugs come in a variety of materials – metal, silicone, and even glass. That said, the overwhelming majority of toys you’ll see when you search are going to be some variant of this basic metal butt plug, for anywhere from $8 to $12:
It may seem tempting to pick up one of these cute butt plugs for the same price as a cheap dinner. But as we point out often in our sex toy materials guide: you get what you pay for in this industry.
This particular toy happens to be a heavy metal alloy with a cheap chrome plating on top that seeks to imitate real high quality stainless steel.
And given the rise in popularity in princess butt plugs in recent years, there has been a wave of foreign manufacturers making this exact kind of unsafe, cheap sex toy and trying to undercut legitimate makers.
The other big problem is that princess plugs are prone to getting pulled into your ass during use.
As we covered in our visual guide to butt plugs, round bases are much less secure than T-base plugs. You need a base that is as wide or wider than the maximum width of your plug.
Comparing the Best Princess Plugs
|wdt_ID||Name||Ins. Length||Max Girth||Weight||Material||Features||Rating||Price|
|1||HAKA Princess Plug (Sm)||2.75||1.15||6.7||Stainless Steel||Swarovski crystal base
Ideal for long-term wear
|2||HAKA Princess Plug (Lg)||3.75||1.50||15.5||Stainless Steel||Swarovski crystal base
Ideal for long-term wear
|3||Rosebuds Cristal (Med)||2.40||1.20||6.0||Stainless Steel||Swarovski crystal base
Ideal for long-term wear
|4||Rosebuds Cristal (XXL)||4.90||2.00||31.5||Stainless Steel||Swarovski crystal base
Heaviest plug out there
|5||Rosebuds Cristal (Lg)||3.30||1.40||3.7||Auminum||Available in 5 colors
Lighter than steel
|6||Crystal Delights (Sm)||2.80||1.30||3.4||Glass||Swarovski crystal base
Luxurious colored glass
|7||Crystal Delights (Med)||3.60||1.50||5.0||Glass||Swarovski crystal base
Luxurious colored glass
|8||Rianne S. Set (Lg)||3.10||1.50||1.5||Silicone||3 sizes included
Great starter kit
|9||Luxe Bling Plug (Lg)||3.20||1.75||2.2||Silicone||3 sizes included
Heart shaped base
|10||Candy Hearts (Sm)||3.25||1.50||1.7||Silicone||Heart shaped base
Unique naughty phrases
Long, tapered bulb
|12||Rouge Threaded (Med)||2.75||1.15||6.8||Stainless Steel||Colored gem base
|13||Full Bloom (Lg)||4.00||1.50||5.0||Borosilicate Glass||Flower-shaped base||7.4||30|
Disclosure: some of the links on this page are affiliate links, meaning we get paid if you buy a product using one of our links, at no extra cost to you. We never let affiliate programs influence our decisions on the best sex toys, and the opinions here are our own. We’ve spent hundreds of hours reviewing and testing toys and this is how we keep the lights on. Read our full affiliate disclosure.
Best Overall Princess Plug: Rosebuds Cristal
Rosebuds Cristal Specs:
Our Rating: 9.6
Price: $45, $55, $65, $75, $85, $95, $130
Insertable Length: 1.7″, 2.4″, 3.3″, 3.75″, 4.9″
Max Girth: 1″, 1.2″, 1.4″, 1.6″, 2.0″
Materials: 100% Stainless Steel or Anodized Aluminum
Features: Genuine Swarovski crystal in base
- Luxury – The quality of the stainless steel and polish of the finish is truly exceptional. They also use genuine Swarovski crystals for a touch of true luxury, and even have intricate metallic designs for sale as well.
- Size Options – Plugs come in 5 total sizes (more info below), so that anyone from beginner to expert can find a perfect cute butt plug.
- Colors – There are 20 different options for the colored gem in the base of the plug, including some really unique iridescent color combinations. The aluminum plugs also come in unique colors like black, red, gold, or purple, while the steel princess plugs are only available in polished silver color.
Here’s the sizing chart for comparison:
|4||X Large||Stainless Steel||Silver||3.75||1.6||16.0||95|
|5||XX Large||Stainless Steel||Silver||4.90||2.0||31.5||125|
|6||Small||Anodized Aluminum||Red, Grey, Gold, Black, Purple||1.70||1.0||1.2||45|
|7||Medium||Anodized Aluminum||Red, Grey, Gold, Black, Purple||2.40||1.2||2.4||55|
|8||Large||Anodized Aluminum||Red, Grey, Gold, Black, Purple||3.30||1.4||3.7||65|
|9||X Large||Anodized Aluminum||Red, Grey, Gold, Black, Purple||3.75||1.6||5.4||75|
- Huge variety: 5 sizes, 2 materials, 6 plug colors, and over 20 gem colors.
- Luxury aesthetics: the shine of metal plus the sparkle of crystal is undeniably sexy and luxurious.
- Temperature play: Aluminum and steel princess plugs are ideal for temperature play.
- Extended wear: Medium and larger sizes great for long-term wear with silicone lube. Great for wearing ahead of time to surprise your SO!
- Large Sizes: The XL and XXL steel plugs are the best large princess plugs available to buy.
- These princess plugs are practically art, and the price tag reflects that
These Rosebuds Cristal butt plugs are a favorite of buyers across the internet for many good reasons. The polished steel (or colorful aluminum) and real crystal base ooze sexiness and luxury, and the weight of the plugs provides real stimulation when worn out and about or during sex.
They’re not cheap – but we think they’re worth every penny.
More Metal Butt Plug Reviews
Looking for a non-jeweled metal butt plug? Check out our full, detailed breakdown of the best metal butt plugs on the market.
Best Luxury Butt Plug: HAKA Sparkle Plugs
HAKA Sparkle Plug Specs:
Our Rating: 8.5
Price: $80 – $115
Insertable Length: 2.75″, 3.5″, 3.75″
Max Girth: 1.125″, 1.375″, 1.5″
Materials: 100% Stainless Steel
Features: Genuine Swarovski gemmed base
Very similar to the Rosebuds Cristal plugs, only based in the US. HAKA sells their stainless steel princess plugs under the names “Sparkle Plugs” and “Pretty Plugs” with various distributors, but these are what you’re actually buying.
These are another great option for high-quality, luxurious stainless steel gem plugs. The steel has a lustrous shine, and the Swarovski crystal base has a sparkle and shine that faux gems don’t.
We love the HAKA plugs for a lot of the same reasons – high quality of materials and attention to detail, and multiple colors and sizes to choose from. Not quite as many options as with Rosebuds (3 sizes and 6 colors), but there is still plenty of diversity for everybody to find their perfect anal plug.
|wdt_ID||Size||Ins. Length||Max Girth||Weight||Price|
- Luxurious: Amazing build quality and 100% hypoallergenic, nonporous stainless steel
- Benefits of steel: Ideal for temperature play and long-term wear (can be used with silicone lube)
- Options: 3 Sizes and 6 colored jewels to choose from
- Real crystal: Genuine Swarovski crystal base
- Also on the expensive side compared to similar sized silicone princess plugs
- Not as many options for size/color compared to the Rosebuds collection
We love the HAKA jeweled anal plugs for many of the same reasons we love the Julian Snelling Rosebuds collection.
Similar price point and options, and luxurious quality with 100% stainless steel and Swarovski crystal.
Best Glass Princess Plug: Crystal Delights Gem Plugs
Crystal Delights Specs:
Our Rating: 9.4
Price: $80 – $150
Insertable Length: 2.8″, 2.9″, 3.1″, 3.3″, 3.6″, 3.7″
Max Girth: 1.3″, 1.5″, 1.8″
Materials: Tempered Glass
Features: Genuine Swarovski crystal base
Another high end jeweled butt plug entry, Crystal Delights sets the absolute bar for excellence for glass sex toys of any type.
The glass is high quality – users have reported accidentally dropping their Crystal Delights toys from several feet and not finding any dings or scratches. It feels amazing when inserting, and these plugs excel at long-term wear (if only they had a T-base option…)
Their plugs also come in 6 total size combinations – a small, medium, or large bulb attached to a short or long neck:
|1||Short + Small||2.8||1.3||3.4||90|
|2||Short + Medium||2.9||1.5||4.9||110|
|3||Short + Large||3.1||1.8||7.1||150|
|4||Long + Small||3.3||1.3||3.7||100|
|5||Long + Medium||3.6||1.5||5.0||120|
|6||Long + Large||3.7||1.8||7.5||160|
- Annealed: Incredible quality annealed glass toys
- See-through: Glass as a material adds a unique visual aesthetic that no other material has, and is ideal for long-term wear
- Multiple sizes: 6 different size combinations and over 10 Swarovski crystal options to choose from
- Bespoke: Crystal Delights will do custom work to fit your butt plug design specifications
- Great for DP: Round base is great for double penetration or use during sex, as it doesn’t block the vagina
- Not cheap. The amazing build quality comes at a price, but the large bulbed plugs are still quite expensive.
- Round base not as comfortable for extended wear as it may press out into your cheeks
We absolutely love the combined look of the glass plug with the crystal gem base. These anal toys really sparkle unlike anything else on this list, so if aesthetics are your main goal – you really can’t do better than Crystal Delights.
They’re also some of the highest quality and most durable glass toys we’ve seen, so you don’t have to worry about your expensive new toy breaking suddenly.
Best Princess Plug Starter Kit: Rianne S 3-Piece Silicone Trainer
Rianne S. Princess Plug Specs:
Our Rating: 7.0
Insertable Length: 2.375″, 2.75″, 3.1″
Max Girth: 1.25″, 1.375″, 1.5″
Features: Gemmed base in clear or purple
This 3 piece butt plug set from Rianne S. is great for anal beginners and intermediate users alike. The sizes ensure you always have the right plug for your experience level and sexual mood.
At 1.25″ wide and 2.375″ insertable length, the small plug is the perfect way to warm up. Before you know it you’ll be using the large plug, at 3.1 inches insertable and 1.5 inches wide!
|wdt_ID||Size||Ins. Length||Max Girth|
The round circular base makes these plugs ideal for women, as the round base will not block the vagina for double penetration. The large size is more of a “medium”, which also lends this set better for women.
Guys can use it too, but may want something a bit longer or bulbous for prostate stimulation.
- 3 sizes to accommodate any experience level (or you and a partner!)
- High quality silicone and clear or purple gem base
- One of the best budget options in terms of total value
- Small sized plug is small enough to pull into your ass
- Can’t use with silicone lube
- Faux gem base and only 2 color options
As far as value goes, it’s hard not to love this silicone princess plug trainer set.
You get 3 high quality toys for just $40, which is about as good as it gets for body safe toys. The plugs themselves are perfectly suited for use during sex, and the medium and large plugs are fine for long term wear.
Best Heart-Shaped Princess Plug: Luxe Bling Plug Set (3 Piece)
Luxe Bling Plug Specs:
Our Rating: 6.0
Insertable Length: 2.6″, 2.8″, 3.2″
Max Girth: 1″, 1.4″, 1.75″
Features: Heart-shaped gemmed base
Similar to the 3-piece gemmed butt plugs from Rianne S, the main difference in these butt plugs in the added girly heart base.
We’ll be frank – these aren’t our favorite.
Yes, the jeweled heart base is damn cute, but the problem is the shape doesn’t lend itself to being a very good base shape.
As we mentioned, there’s already a problem with jeweled butt plugs with round bases getting pulled up into your ass, and this heart shape is even worse. The only reason we recommend this 3 piece set over an individual heart-shaped princess plug is that you can size up to the medium or large plugs, which do have a larger base.
|wdt_ID||Size||Ins. Length||Max Girth|
- Size + Color Options: Comes in black or pink silicone with several gem color options.
- Anal Training Set: 3 sizes mean you can pick the right toy for your experience level and body, or size up over time.
- Budget Friendly: Great for anal beginners – excellent price and multiple size options.
- Cute: Super cute heart shape adds a sexy flair
- Heart-shaped base is even worse than circular bases for staying in place and getting pulled into your ass
- Not recommended for extended wear
Look, we included this 3 piece heart princess plug set from Blush Novelties because we know people aren’t going to settle for anything other than this specific look.
And given that there are a lot of sketchy clones of this type of toy on Amazon that we do NOT recommend, we wanted to include a safe option from a known manufacturer.
They’re fine butt plugs and they do look damn cute (especially the larger sizes), for what it’s worth.
Honorable Mention: Temptasia Bling Plug
Basically the exact same heart-shaped butt plug, but you don’t have to buy a full set. At $10 (small) – $15 (large) it’s the cheapest toy on this list, and a great option if you’re absolutely dying to try a princess plug on a limited budget. Shop at SheVibe.
Cutest Butt Plug: Candy Hearts Silicone Plug
Naughty Candy Heart Specs:
Our Rating: 7.9
Price: $12, $20
Insertable Length: 3.25″, 3.75″
Max Girth: 1.5″, 1.75″
Materials: Soft Silicone
Features: Naughty and sexy message in the base
While not technically a jeweled butt plug, we thought this collection fit the “princess” theme of this review.
These naughty heart-shaped butt plugs from Blush Novelties are great, not-so little toys at a fantastic price point. Made of 100% hypoallergenic silicone, these plugs come in 2 sizes, 3 colors (pink, purple, and yellow), and 6 unique naughty phrases.
Keep in mind that each phrase is specific to a size/color combination, so you may not be able to get the exact combination you want. Still, we really like the naughty and sassy flair and overall aesthetic of these plugs.
|wdt_ID||Size||Color||Ins. Length||Max Girth||Weight||Phrase||Price|
|2||Small||Purple||3.25||1.50||1.70||Do Me Now||12|
|6||Large||Yellow||3.75||1.75||2.90||Fill Me Up||20|
- Price: Ultra soft silicone ensures this plug is comfortable to wear before and after insertion, at a great price point for the quality.
- Taper: Slow tapered bulb makes these great for warming up your ass and preparing for larger things
- Cuteness Factor: Sexy phrases and cute colors lend a great overall vibe and charm
- Even the “small” plug is fairly girthy, so smaller ladies or anal newbies may struggle to take all of it in
- The heart-shaped base is less-than-ideal for keeping the toy in place
We’re ready to say “be mine” to these naughty candy heart butt plugs. At $20 or less, they’re a great beginner’s toy.
The tapered bulb and soft silicone make this an excellent choice for training your ass, and even experienced anal explorers can still use this as a warm up for the real thing. The biggest flaw is the small size of the base – particularly on the smaller plug.
Best Ribbed Princess Plug: Rouge Threaded Gem Plug
Rouge Gem Plug Specs:
Our Rating: 7.8
Insertable Length: 2″, 2.75″, 3.5″
Max Girth: 1″, 1.15″, 1.4″
Materials: Stainless Steel
Features: Colored gem base, ribbed bulb for added stimulation
This rippled, threaded butt plug is another great steel sex toy from Rouge, at a fantastic price point for stainless steel.
Made from high quality, 100% stainless steel and carefully milled to shape. Available in 3 sizes and with 6 different colored gems: red, blue, purple, yellow, green, and clear.
This is a fantastically affordable metal princess plug. While still more expensive than comparable silicone toys on the list, it’s hard to find a good stainless steel toy at a better price than this. And since there’s some unique benefits to stainless steel that we’ve covered above – namely the weight and the ability for temperature play – this is a great option.
They also make a standard smooth princess plug if you’re not into the threaded, ribbed shape.
- Unique texture: Threaded bulb, for extra sensation while sliding into your ass
- Multiple size & color options: 3 size options and 6 colors gems to choose from for the base
- Best budget steel princess plug: Great price point for a metal toy
- Small plug is quite small, even for the more petite users out there
- Not as luxurious as the high end metal butt plugs – the gems aren’t real crystal.
All in all, this threaded steel butt plug is a great first metal anal toy. That said, we generally recommend users know what size / shape they’re looking for before jumping into metal toys. The threaded shape on this plug is a little more niche, but is also a breath of fresh air compared to the boring egg shape on all the other hard butt plugs out there.
Best Flower Butt Plug: LoveHoney Full Bloom
Full Bloom Specs:
Our Rating: 7.4
Insertable Length: 3.5″, 4″
Max Girth: 1.2″, 1.5″
Materials: Borosilicate Glass
Features: Flower shaped base
Looking for a cute, yet budget-friendly glass butt plug?
LoveHoney’s Full Bloom rose plug is a great choice for the budding anal explorer. The tip of the plug is rounded and tapered, and the smooth glass makes for easy insertion.
Full Bloom Rose Plug comes in two sizes, perfect for beginner-intermediate anal play:
- Small – 3.5 inches insertable and 1.2 inches max width
- Large – 4 inches insertable and 1.5 inches max width
We prefer the large (as it’s not really that large), but the small size is perfect for the anal novice who just wants something cute to play with.
- Sexy & cute design: pink glass and the rose shaped base add a nice visual flair.
- Gently tapered: for easy insertion and removal – great for training your butt!
- Budget friendly: at just $30 it’s a great budget anal toy
- 2 sizes: beginner and intermediate
- Doesn’t stay in place as well as a more bulbous plug due to the reverse-taper on the neck of the toy
- Not the best choice for long-term wear. But we don’t generally recommend glass toys for that anyways.
Full Bloom Rose Plug Final Review
This toy definitely favors form over function, with the design focused on providing a cute, feminine look. The smooth curves feel great as it slides into your ass, wand it looks damn sexy once inserted.
If you’re looking to try out a glass butt plug and want something other than traditional clear glass, this is a great option!
This is a similar pink glass flower plug from the Icicles line at the same price point. Icicles number 48 only comes in a beginner size (3″ insertable, 1.25″ wide), but it has a better bulbed shape for staying in place once inserted. We don’t think the flower is a cute looking, though.
Yet another glass butt plug with a flower base for $30. The shape on this one is a little more unique, with a very slender tip that expands into a circular bulb. Icicles No 76 is also a beginner plug, at 2.4 inches insertable and 1.2 inches wide, making it the smallest of the three. It’s also available in red and black, if pink isn’t your thing.
Best Budget Princess Plug: Master Series Petite Spade
Petite Spade Specs:
Our Rating: 5.4
Insertable Length: 2.5″
Max Girth: 1.15″
Materials: Anodized aluminum
Features: Clear decorative gem at the base
We’re officially still on the fence on this petite spade jewel plug because it sets off a lot of our red flags and we haven’t had the chance to test it in person yet.
It is believable that body safe aluminum could be made this cheaply – it’s definitely a step up in price compared to the awful chrome plated anal toys out there. Pipedreams doesn’t make the highest quality products, but for the most part they’re safe and fine and this plug falls right in line with that.
Since we have no reason to believe this isn’t the real deal, we wanted to include it as a budget option for those looking to dip their toes into the world of metal jewel plugs.
- Affordable: Unbeatable price point for any body safe metal toy
- Colored aluminum: Anodized pink or black aluminum gives some nice variety compared to all the standard polished silver
- Great for beginners: the petite size and light weight combined with silicone lube makes a great starter gem plug
- 2.5″ insertable and 1.15″ wide means this is a small plug, and may not add much additional stimulation
- Narrow base means there is risk of it getting pulled into your rectum during sex or long-term wear
Again, take this recommendation with a grain of salt as we haven’t personally tried this toy.
At the same time, it has universally great reviews and does seem to be made of body safe aluminum, so it is a viable option for someone looking for a safe metal princess plug on a budget.
We’d like to see a wider base and more size options, but it’s a great princess plug for less than $30.
FAQs About Jeweled Princess Plugs
Are princess plugs a good first anal toy?
To be honest – not really. The shape is made more to sit in place than for stimulation. And many first-time buyers tend to go for the unsafe chrome-plated knockoff plugs. This is why we recommend buying a fancy princess plug only after you’ve tried a few introductory toys and know what you’re looking for.
Why are princess plugs so popular?
Despite not being very physically stimulating, jeweled butt plugs are incredibly visually and mentally stimulating. They also help bridge the taboo of anal sex by adding a touch of luxury.
What kind of lube do I need for my princess plug?
As always, it depends on the material. A silicone princess plug requires a water-based lube. Metal butt plugs can be used with any kind of lube, although we usually recommend a nice silicone-based lube for added smoothness.
What size should I buy?
For anal beginners, we usually recommend toys between 1″ – 1.5″ diameter. Any bigger is too ambitious, while any smaller and it may not be stimulating enough. If you’re unsure, you can always get a graduated butt plug trainer set, just be sure to buy a high quality one with good materials!
The Base-ic Problem With Most Jeweled Butt Plugs
If you made it this far, you might have notice one common downside with many of the products we reviewed: that many smaller and medium plugs have the problem of possibly getting pulled into your ass during use.
We’re really not making this up, and this happens more frequently than you’d think.
This is why we generally prefer anal toys with a T-base when possible – something that isn’t very compatible with the jeweled base on most princess plugs. This is particularly problematic for many of the smaller princess plugs we reviewed, and also for the plugs with the heart-shaped base.
These round shapes also aren’t ideal for extended day-to-day wear. Even though the idea of leaving a jeweled plug in for your partner to discover is one of the main draws of the concept.
We recommend putting the plug in as close to sexy time as possible, unless you’re really confident in the circumference on the base on your plug.
Jeweled Princess Plugs to Avoid
As mentioned at the start of the article, there’s a LOT of crappy princess plugs out there that make the rounds on many of the unethical toy storefronts. We understand that it may be tempting to try out one of these toys for $10 but please resist that temptation and just shell out a bit more for one of these good princess plugs from a reputable manufacturer.
We’re not trying to scam you into overpaying for sex toys – we’re trying to save you hundreds of dollars and a trip to the hospital when one of these questionable toys gives you a rash or makes you sick.
Does a mall, medium, and large plug set for $9 seem like too good a deal to be true?
Well, that’s not a typo. Throughout the product description they talk about luxurious “silico” material, most likely because it legally can’t be called silicone. Who knows what fillers or other materials have been used to cut costs on these toys?
Beyond that, we know Hxmpls is a Chinese-based manufacturer, where material quality and QA laws are much more lax. No thank you, next!
3 Pc. Tapered Anal Trainer Kit
Another seemingly amazing deal. And yet another toy that’s made from cheap, unsafe materials seeking to imitate more expensive, proven toys.
We really like the general shape and look of this set, and we wish it were the real deal. But sadly, it isn’t.
Update: this product has been taken down twice since we originally wrote this post, and popped up under a new store & brand name. Shady much? At this point we’re not going to keep playing whack-a-mole to keep finding the right URL.
This is perhaps the most popular offender on Amazon. These AKstore jeweled princess plugs have a bunch of listings for individual plugs or sets of plugs in various sizes, and many of the listings have 50-100 or more positive reviews.
By our estimations this might very well be the most popular unsafe sex toy out there. And it’s a double whammy – unsafe in both materials (chrome-plated alloy) and shape (too-narrow base)!
Look, we understand that princess plugs are all the rage right now. And you’re all adults and can choose what to do with your own bodies. We just emphatically ask that each and every one of you respect your bodies, and spend a bit more time and money finding the best princess butt plug for your needs.
Best Princess Plugs: in Conclusion…
Princess plugs are one of the most notorious categories of sex toys with cheap and downright crappy options out there. There’s just SO many of those “metal” princess plugs with dubious materials, craftsmanship, and too-narrow heart shaped bases.
That said, we understand the popularity of these toys and that you’re probably going to buy one anyways. All we implore is that you spent the extra $10-20 for one of the budget plugs on this list for your own health and safety. And if you do want a luxurious jeweled plug, then the Rosebuds Cristal or Crystal Delights are both amazing high-end options.
So go forth and get a sexy sparkle on for yourself or your partner!