Searching for a dildo that looks and feels like the real thing is a sort of ‘quest for the holy grail.’ You need to find the right size, texture, and appearance to pass for the real thing.
And of those three factors, the texture is by far the most difficult factor to get right.
Silicone is generally soft and realistic feeling, however standard medium-firm silicone is only about 90% convincing in place of a real dick. And each dildo maker uses slightly different firmness and blends of silicone, all claiming to be ‘the most realistic feeling.’
So which dildos actually feel like the real thing?
We’ve reviewed over 200 realistic dildos and distilled the findings down to this list of the best realistic dildos by sub-category.
Let’s get to it.
Table of Contents
The TL;DR on Realistic Dildos
This article is pretty long, so if you just want the quick and dirty recommendations, here are our top realistic dildo picks:
- Vixen’s VixSkin collection sets the bar for best overall realistic, dual density dildos. Incredibly soft and squishy, and over 20 sizes to choose from. The Tantus O2 collection is a bit firmer, but we really love their bullet vibe / suction cup dildos (Alan & Sam).
- On a budget? The Blush Neo Elite and NS Novelties Colours collections are the best affordable dual density dildos. And Silicone Willy’s makes some great cheap single density silicone toys.
- Looking for G-spot or prostate stimulation? Uberrime makes great dual density curved dildos like the Dulce, Splendid, and Optimo. Pleasure Works Admiral is also a great realistic G-spotter.
- New York Toy Collective makes a great small realistic dildo in the Dilly. Another great small option is the Vixen Spur.
- Looking for a dildo molded after your favorite male porn star? Fleshjack has over 20 models to choose from, while Mr Hankey also makes a few XL dildos based on male stars (and the best large realistic dildos overall).
- Fuze’s Tango Real is the best realistic looking strapless strap on. It’s not dual density, but it has all the features we want in a strapless strap on.
- Want a dildo that squirts? Evolved Novelties Big Shot has a lot of features that put it over the top: internal vibrator, suction cup base, harness compatible. It is on the firm side though.
Important Factors for a Realistic Dildo
We’ll make this quick.
This is a brief rundown of everything you need to know when shopping for a life-like dildo.
Realistic Feeling Materials
Materials that are NOT body safe:
First, we want to call out all the realistic dildos we found that were made of crappy, unsafe, porous materials.
- TPR (thermoplastic rubber)
- TPE (thermoplastic elastomer)
- Anything ‘jelly’ or ambiguous ‘rubber’
The fact is that all of these materials are porous (and jellies are downright toxic), meaning they can harbor bacteria over time that you’ll never be able to clean out. This makes the toys questionable past the first use.
Many cheaper realistic dildos are made of these plastic and rubber blends because, well… they’re squishy and they’re cheap.
See, elastomers are chemical compounds that make rubbers stretchy by adding flexible pockets of air. But these same pockets of air that make the dildos feel lifelike, are also the exact thing that makes these materials unsafe for long-term use (bacteria grows in those pores).
Body Safe materials
The only body-safe material that feels realistic and lifelike is silicone.
And silicone comes in many different densities and levels of firmness. This is rated on what’s known as the Shore Scale (there’s 3 separate scales, actually). Lower Shore numbers are softer and squishier.
But when it comes to realistic-feeling sex toys:
Nothing comes close to dual density silicone.
Dual density simply means the dildo has a core of firm, rigid silicone to keep shape, with a soft, super squishy outer layer for that realistic feeling. Whereas traditional silicone toys are all a single density, and are either too firm on the outside, or not rigid enough on the inside.
Dual density isn’t all upside: it costs a bit more. A good dual density dildo will be roughly 2x to 3x the cost of an equivalent single density toy of the same size.
But we think the difference is worth every penny, especially if maximal realism is your goal.
There’s even the very rare (and expensive) triple density silicone toys. Triple density is the same as dual density, but with – you guessed it – a third layer in the middle that’s very soft and almost liquid, to help the top fleshy layer move on top of the firm core in a very lifelike manner.
You should also think about how much exact anatomy matters.
Most dildos on this list have a phallic, penis-like shape and bulbous ‘head.’ But there is some variance in things like veiny textures on the shaft, the curve of the dildo, and especially the balls (or lack thereof) at the base.
How pronounced do you want it?
A very bulbous head means there’s little taper to warm up to the shaft of the toy. But it’s also great for stimulating the g-spot or prostate once inserted.
Some dildos take this a step further, with a noticeable upwards curve to the shaft of the toy. This really helps target your erogenous zones as the toy thrusts in and out.
Do you want a relatively smooth shaft, or one covered with veins and ridges to give that extra realistic feeling?
In our experience, you generally don’t feel the veins with softer silicone and dual density toys in the heat of the moment. But if complete visual realism matters to you, then veins and other skin textures are important.
There’s also a variety of circumsized and ‘uncut’ dildos available depending on if you prefer foreskin or not. Again, not a huge difference in terms of performance.
But looks matter, dammit.
Lastly: do you want your realistic dildo to have balls or not?
The main advantages of balls:
- Most realistic looking
- Provides a big base for a suction cup or free standing use
- Generally works with O-ring harnesses
And the disadvantages:
- More material means a slightly more expensive toy
- Might not work with some harnesses if they’re too thick
In general, it’s a mostly aesthetic difference, but there are some cases where balls can prevent a dildo from being harness compatible because they’re too thick.
Realistic Appearance: Textures and Colors
Does your dildo need to be a realistic skin tone?
Every dildo on this page is fairly realistic in both texture and anatomy. And ~90% have realistic colors (usually available in light, medium, or dark skin tones).
But there are a few toys here that opt for bright colors instead of the traditional flesh colors if that’s more your thing.
What Other Features?
What else do you want your dildo to do?
There are a host of other features to consider such as:
- Suction cup?
- Harness compatible?
- Strapless strap on?
The most common feature we found is a suction cup for solo hands-free fun. But you’ll want to make sure that whatever toy you buy has the features to for the use case you want.
Best Dildos Comparison Table
For some of the brands listed below we’re recommending the whole collection, so for this table we’ve picked some popular representative examples of the rest of their lineup.
|Name||Material||Length||Widest Point||Suction Cup?||Harness?||Balls?||G-spot?||Other||Price|
|Dual Density||6.50||1.60||Yes||O-ring||Yes||Bullet Vibe
|Dual Density||6.50||1.54||Separate||O-ring||Bullet Vibe||100|
|Dual Density||7.30||1.80||Separate||O-ring||Bullet Vibe||120|
|NY Toy Collective
Topher Michels L/XL
Colours 8 DD
Silicone Willy's 7.5
Silicone Willy's 11.5
|Firm Silicone||6.00||1.63||Yes||O-ring||Yes||Internal vibrator
Neo Elite 7.5
Disclosure: some of the links on this page are affiliate links, meaning we get paid if you buy a product using one of our links, at no extra cost to you. We never let affiliate programs influence our decisions on the best sex toys, and the opinions here are our own. We’ve spent hundreds of hours reviewing and testing toys and this is how we keep the lights on. Read our full affiliate disclosure.
Best Overall: Vixen VixSkin Collection
VixSkin Dildos Specs:
Price: $80 – $187
Insertable Length: 4.75″ – 10.5″
Max Girth: 1.12″ – 2.88″
Materials: Dual density silicone
Features: Harness compatible, g-spot/prostate, suction cup (some models)
It’s hard to pick a single overall best realistic dildo, as there’s simply a lot of great dual density dildos out there.
But if we had to pick, our choice is Vixen.
Because a lot of what makes the best dildo is finding the right size for your own body and experience level. And in that regard, there are around 20 VixSkin dildos to choose from.
They all come in a range of realistic flesh tones, and VixSkin is a high quality dual-density silicone so they feel soft and fleshy, but have a firm core for some rigidity.
Vixen realistic dildos are some of the softest and squishiest on the market. They’re softer and have more give than just about any other dildo on this list.
Due to this softness, the VixSkin dildos are somewhat sticky and tacky before use. They also pick up hair and dust like no other, so you’ll definitely want to store them securely and clean before each use.
The sizes range from 4.75 inches insertable and 1.13 inches max girth, all the way up to a massive 10.5 inches insertable and 2.85 inches max girth.
Here are a few of the more popular VixSkin dildo sizes:
- Spur: 4.75 inches insertable and 1.13 inches maximum width
- Goodfella: 5 inches insertable and 1.5 inches maximum width
- Mustang: 6.5 inches insertable and 1.6 inches maximum width (if we had to guess, this is the most popular overall)
- Bandit: 7 inches insertable and 1.7 inches maximum width
- Maverick: 7 inches insertable and 2 inches maximum width
There’s even some less-realistic options like the Raquel (completely non-realistic) and the Vixart Pop lineup (realistic shapes in bright colors).
They even make a couple of triple density hyper-realistic dildos (more on this in the next section).
- Dual density: provides the ultimate feeling of a real dick
- Realistic looking: available in flesh tones, with realistic veins and head shape
- G-spot + prostate: most VixSkin dildos have a bulbed head and upward shaft angle which helps target the g-spot or prostate
- Harness compatible: for some realistic strap on use
- Price: dual density is a more complicated to manufacture, and thus is expensive than single density silicone toys
- Sticky: the VixSkin silicone feels naturally sticky before use. But once lubed up and inside you, it feels incredibly realistic
VixSkin Realistic Dildos: Final Review
Vixen has been making high quality silicone toys for over 20 years, and they still remain one of the best quality toy brands out there. VixSkin is super realistic feeling silicone (if a bit on the soft side), and with over 20 sizes to choose from you should have no problem finding the ideal size and shape for your needs.
Best Vibrating Realistic Dildos: Tantus O2 Alan & Sam
Alan & Sam O2 Specs:
Our Rating: 9.1 / 10
Price: $90 – $120
Insertable Length: 6.5″ (Alan), 7.3″ (Sam)
Max Girth: 1.54″ (Alan), 1.8″ (Sam)
Materials: Dual Density Silicone
Features: Harness compatible. Bullet vibe and suction cup compatible.
The O2 Line is Tantus’ collection of realistic, deal density silicone toys. There’s not as many realistic options as the VixSkin collection (7 shapes/sizes in the tantus lineup vs ~20 at Vixen), however Tantus also has 3 nonrealistic shapes if you’re looking for a dual density toy that isn’t 100% phallic.
But the big question:
How does the feel of their dual density compare?
In general, the Tantus O2 line is a bit firmer than the Vixen dildos. Tantus generally uses a thicker firm core than Vixen does, and the actual Shore durometer ratings of the soft silicone used by both brands varies a bit.
So it all depends on how ‘soft and squishy’ equates to realism for you. The Vixen dildos are squishier (particularly in the head of the dildo), while Tantus’ have a bit more rigidity overall.
Here’s the size of these two vibrating realistic dildos:
- Alan: 6.5″ insertable length and 1.5″ max diameter
- Sam: 7.2″ insertable length and 1.8″ max diameter
In other words, Alan is a standard sized dildo (though not small), while Sam is an intermediate to advanced size for those seeking larger thrills.
The two dildos we’re specifically calling out here – Sam and Alan – are also bullet vibe and suction cup compatible. They have a hole in the firm core of the toy where you can insert either a removable bullet vibe (We recommend the We-Vibe Tango) or one of Tantus’ own suction cups.
These particular models are on the firmer side of the O2 lineup, as the firm core needs to be a bit thicker to accommodate the space for the bullet and/or suction cup.
- Harness Compatible: great for strap on or realistic pegging play
- Firm realistic feeling: the firmer core feels closer to a true hard-on than some squishier dual density toys
- Vibrating: the bullet vibe base and firmer core on these toys does a good job of transmitting vibrations
- Suction cup: the Tantus suction cups have some real holding power compared to other suction cup dildos
- Price: dual density is never cheap, but this collection is more fairly priced than other high-end realistic dildos
- Can only use the vibrator OR suction cup base – can’t use both at once
- Not great for targeted g-spotting as both toys are fairly straight without super pronounced heads
Tantus O2 Vibrating Dildos: Final Review
Tantus, in general, makes great silicone toys that are well designed and sure to please. The O2 realistic collection is par for the course in that regard.
We specifically like Alan and Sam because of the added versatility added by using either a bullet vibe or the powerful suction cup attachment (both included). And the firm core of these realistic dildos does a good job of actually transmitting vibrations throughout the toy.
We wish it was possible to use both the suction cup and vibrator at the same time, and we wish more of the collection also included these additional options. But overall, they’re fantastic realistic dildos and the size range is great as long as you’re not looking for an extra small or extra large toy.
We rated the FunFactory Big Boss G5 as the best overall vibrating dildo, although maybe that’s cheating because this toy is more of a vibrator first and dildo second. Similar to most regular vibes, it has a powerful internal motor with 6 intensity levels and 6 vibration modes. It’s not small (7″ insertable length and 1.8″ diameter), so keep that in mind if you want a thinner vibrating dildo.
We’re including here in the realistic dildos because the shape, while smooth, is semi-realistic. And it does come in some basic skin tones. It doesn’t look the most realistic, but it feels close enough – and the vibrations are damn powerful compared to a dildo with a bullet vibe in the base.
This is probably the most ‘true’ realistic vibrating dildo. Unlike the Big Boss G5, this toy is a dildo first, vibrator second. And unlike the Tantus O2 collection it uses a dedicated internal vibrator rather than a removable bullet. It also rotates!
And it has a built-in suction cup so you can mount it and still get the benefit of the dedicated internal vibrations. The base is generally to big to be harness compatible though, and the dual density silicone doesn’t feel as realistic as the Vixen or Tantus dildos mentioned above. But all in all a great vibrating dildo for $70.
Best Small Realistic Dildos: NY Toy Collective Dilly
Our Rating: 8.8 / 10
Price: $49, $59
Insertable Length: 4.5″, 5.25″
Max Girth: 1.25″, 1.5″
Materials: Dual Density Silicone
Features: Harness compatible. Suction cup base.
New York Toy Collective makes some very premium, but also quite pricey dual density realistic dildos. But thankfully, they also make the Dilly, which is a budget friendly, small realistic dildo that’s equally high quality.
Dilly comes in two (smaller) sizes:
- 5 Inch ($49) – technically 4.5 inches insertable and 1.25 inch shaft width
- 6 Inch ($59) – 5.25 inches insertable length and 1.5 inch shaft width
It’s also generally harness compatible as the balls aren’t so big that they get in the way, and the suction cup base is strong enough to work on pretty much any smooth, hard surface.
- 5 Colors: three realistic flesh tones (light, medium, & dark), and also jet black or hot pink
- Aesthetics: realistic veins, head, and balls
- Integrated suction cup: pretty good suction cup, although not as strong as Tantus’
- Beginner sized: both dildos are small enough to work for most first-time toy buyers
- Affordable dual density: smaller dildos means less materials means better prices. Dilly is a great introduction to dual density toys.
- Not quite as soft and squishy as the original NYTC posable line or others on this list (Vixen, Tantus O2)
- Only available in small / beginner sizes
NY Toy Collective Dilly: Final Review
Great all-around features, great realistic texture, and great price point for a high-quality dual density dildo. The sizes are definitely slanted more toward the small side of things, and they’re perfect as an introduction to dual density toys.
Honorable Mention: Vixen Spur ($80)
One of the other most popular Vixen models is the petite Spur. At 4.75 inches insertable and 1.12 inches shaft girth, it’s a great realistic dildo if you want that soft, fleshy feeling Vixen is know for but still want a smaller or slimmer dildo.
Best Realistic XL Dildos: Mr Hankeys
Mr Hankey’s Specs:
Oure Rating: 9.1 / 10
Price: $66 – $298
Insertable Length: 4.5″ – 16″
Max Girth: 1.6″ – 4.6″
Materials: Firm or supersoft silicone
Features: realistic texture, vac u lock harness
Mr Hankey’s makes a wide variety of large, extra large, and XXXL dildos for the experienced sex toy user. They make both realistic and fantasy toys, but for this section of the review we’ll be focusing more on their realistic toys.
Mr Hankey has over 30 realistic shapes to choose from, and most dildos are available in 3 or even 4 sizes to fit your experience level. They are all available in realistic flesh tones, complete with bulges and veins to mimic the real thing.
Don’t be fooled though:
Even their ‘small’ sizes are longer and thicker than most other maker’s largest sizes, and they only get bigger from there. To give you an idea, many of their XS sized toys are ~6.5 inches insertable and 1.7 inches in max girth.
Most of their dildos fall in between 8 – 10 inches insertable and are between 2.2 – 2.8 inches max girth. The largest toys extend all the way up to 16 inches insertable and over 4 inches wide, which is truly massive. Don’t let your eyes get bigger than your holes!
Check out our full review for the detailed table of every size Mr Hankeys offers.
Most of their large dildos are also available in firm silicone, or extra squishy supersoft silicone for some additional give, which we find especially helpful for XL toys like these.
Although, keep in mind:
Supersoft silicone doesn’t support itself as well as firm silicone for large and XL dildos. While it feels more comfortable in an XL dildo, that is a factor you need to weigh and consider for how you plan to use it.
- Huge variety: with over 30 models and multiple sizes, there’s over 100 different options to find the best XL dildo for you.
- Realistic: in both appearance and texture.
- Supersoft: we love the supersoft silicone option for XL toys, as the material has a lot more give and makes it easier to fit in.
- Harness compatible: most toys have the additional option of a Vac U Lock harness base, which is also useful for use on a fucking machine. Smaller toys are also O-ring compatible with larger O-rings.
- The largest toys are not harness compatible due to weight and length.
- Big dildos require a lot of material, which means they aren’t cheap.
- No dual density options available.
Mr Hankey’s Dildos: Final Review
It’s hard to recommend a specific dildo as the best length and width are going to depend heavily on your experience level , and the specific shape you’re looking for.
Luckily, Mr Hankey has so many shapes and sizes to choose from you’re guaranteed to find something to fill the gaping hole in your life. They’re not cheap due to the amount of material required, but they’re damn fine dildos and unbeatable quality for toys this large.
SquarePeg Toys also makes a ton of great XL toys in unique and interesting shapes. They aren’t the most aesthetically pleasing, but the curves and high quality supersoft silicone more than get the job done.
Leo is one of their better looking large realistic dildos, and comes in 5 sizes (ranging from 5.25″ insertable and 1.4″ wide to 10.75″ insertable and 2.63″ wide) to match your experience level.
Budget Option: Colours 8 Dual Density
One of the best affordable large dildos (more on this in the next section): just $60 for a dual-density dildo that’s 7.25″ insertable and 1.9″ max width. It’s available in realistic flesh tones, or vivid colors depending on your preference. A suction cup base allows for great hands-free fun.
It’s also available for an even better price of just $40 at SheVibe, which is simply unbeatable for this amount of material.
Best Budget Dual Density: Colours Dual Density by NS Novelties
Colours Dual Density Specs:
Our Rating: 8.6 / 10
Price: $33, $40
Insertable Length: 5.25″ and 7.25″
Max Girth: 1.5″ and 1.8″
Materials: Dual Density Silicone
Features: Harness compatible, suction cup base.
For the absolute most affordable dual density dildo, there’s nothing that even comes close to these two dildos from the NS Novelties Colours collection.
- Dual density 5 inch ($33) – 5.25 inches insertable and 1.5 inch shaft diameter
- Dual density 8 inch ($40) – 8.25 inches insertable and 1.8 inch shaft diameter
Note: there are many great budget dildos in the Colours collection, but these are the only two dual density options.
These are all around very similar dimensions to the two Tantus Alan and Sam that we called out above, but for 1/3rd the price. The 8-inch is a particularly great deal even for a single density silicone dildo of the same size.
Some differences though:
The Colours dual density isn’t as soft and flesh-like as some of the more premium dildos listed above (although they’re pretty damn good for the price). And while these toys do have an integrated suction cup, there’s no built in vibe or bullet vibe compatibility.
They do come in some bright colors, along with a couple of realistic enough flesh tones. And the texturing is very realistic on the head, shaft, and balls even if the colors aren’t 100% authentic.
- Price point: you get some an incredibly realistic feeling toy at unbeatable prices
- Suction cup: fairly strong in relation to the weight of the dildos. Good holding power
- Realistic texture: textured veins that you can actually feel as the toy slides in and out
- Harness compatible: for some budget strap on fun
- A little firm (may not be a bad thing) and not quite as realistic compared to some of the higher end dildos
- No vibration capabilities. Although it works great with a magic wand at the base of the toy.
Colours Dual Density: Final Review
You really can’t beat the sheer value in these toys at their very competitive price point.
The dual density silicone feels pretty soft and fleshy, the texturing is great, and the skin tones are realistic enough. Plus there’s always the option of going for one of the vibrant neon colors.
The 5″ is a great beginner toy, while the 8″ is perfect for intermediate-advanced users who want and affordable, lifelike dildo. A great all-around dildo, and there’s nothing about it that we really dislike.
Honorable Mention: Blush Neo Elite
The Blush Neo Elite collection shares a lot of similarities with the Colours line:
- Priced between $30 – $36
- Dual density silicone
- Suction cup base
- Realistic shapes/textures with crazy vibrant colors
If you don’t like the shape of the two Colours dildos, there’s a bit more variety here. Although we don’t find the suction cups are as strong.
Best Budget Single Density: Silicone Willy’s by Blush
Silicone Willy’s Specs:
Our Rating: 8.4 / 10
Price: $30 – $92
Insertable Length: 4.5″ – 9.2″
Max Girth: 1.25″ – 2.5″
Materials: Medium-density, firmer silicone
Features: Suction cup base. Harness compatible. Some models are angled for G-spot stim.
Silicone Willy’s is a line of realistic looking single density dildos, meaning you don’t get that super squishy feeling.
These are more solidly firm, which has some upsides:
- Better at transmitting vibrations if you use with something like a magic wand
- Gives a better stretch due to the reduced give in the firmer silicone
- Better at pinpointing pressure in a g-spot or prostate dildo
- Cheaper than dual density materials
There are 9 sizes available ranging from 4.5 up to 9.2 inches of insertable length, and 1.4 to 2.5 inches of shaft diameter. So there’s pretty good variety for whatever shape you’re looking for, whether short and girthy, long and thin, or a more proportional size in between.
- Suction cup base: when combine with the firmer silicone shafts, these dildos stand well on their own
- Great price point: super budget friendly dildos, especially when buying through SheVibe (~30% cheaper than MSRP)
- Realistic looks: great realism on the texture and aesthetics, even if the silicone is a bit on the firm side.
- Simply not as realistic feeling as dual density
Silicone Willy’s: Final Review
Given how affordable and competitively priced these toys are, there’s not much to complain about. And the variety in the 9 sizes should be enough to find a dildo the size and shape you’re looking for.
They’re pretty realistic in looks, and the firmer silicone has some upsides depending on how you plan to use it.
We’re specifically picking these two silicone dildos out of the LifeLike lover budget realistic dildo collection. That’s because the other, larger dildos are made of PVC which, as we covered above, is porous and not safe over time.
These two dildos are fine though, and are very similar to the comparable Silicone Willy’s dildos. Less size options, though, since the other sizes are not body-safe materials.
Best Hyper Realism: RealCock Triple Density
RealCock 2 Specs:
Our Rating: 9.5 / 10
Insertable Length: 6.5″, 8.5″
Max Girth: 1.63″, 1.88″, and 2″
Materials: Triple density silicone
Features: Incredibly lifelike appearance, texture, and detailing. Vac U Lock harness compatible.
The absolute softest, fleshiest, most realistic dildo on this list.
With a price tag to match.
From the makers of the RealDoll, the RealCock 2 collection has taken every possible step to ensure the most highly realistic dildo available on the market.
Take a look at how life-like these dildos are:
Technically, there’s 3 dildos currently available:
- Jones – 6.5 inches insertable length and 1.63 inch shaft diameter
- Rockwell – 6.5 inches insertable length and 1.88 inch shaft diameter
- Dirk – 8.5 inches insertable length and 2 inch shaft diameter
Each toy is triple density silicone, which means it has a 3rd middle layer that allows the outer soft silicone to slide and move in the way a real penis does during penetration. These dildos also have painstakingly accurate veins, pores, and skin folds for that added realistic texture.
And lastly, each dildo is hand painted for the perfect hyper-realistic coloring on the shaft, head, and veins.
- Triple density: a third layer of fluid silicone for that super realistic texture and feeling
- Vac U Lock compatible: for harness compatibility or mounting on a Vac U Lock suction cup
- Custom detailing: each RealCock is a hand-painted, highly detailed, fuckable work of art
- Free standing: The wide fleshy base on these dildos makes them great free standing toys to hop on top of
- Price: These are the most lifelike AND expensive dildo available, clocking in at $500 apiece
- Store carefully: The realistic silicone is a bit more prone to damage, and small nicks in the toy can run into much larger tears. Proect your investment carefully!
RealCock 2: Final Review
Bar none, this is the most realistic dildo on this list, and probably the most lifelike of any toy on the market currently.
And yeah, the price tag definitely reflects that fact.
But while single density silicone is maybe “80% realistic feeling” and dual density is “90% – 95% relistic feeling” (depending on the exact softness used), these dildos would be “99% – 100% realistic feeling.”
So if you demand the best of the best, the RealCock 2 is the dildo for you.
Vixen Ranger X ($260) & Bronco X ($275)
Vixen also has their own triple density formula, the Vixen X lineup, available on the Ranger and Bronco styles. Ranger is roughly the same dimensions as RealCock Jones (a little thicker), while Bronco is even bigger than RealCock Dirk at 2.5 inches max diameter.
These toys are about half of the price of the RealCock. Available with either a suction cup base for hands-free play, or a clit-stimulating ‘saddle’ for strap on use.
Budget Option: Uberrime Bella Triple Density ($150)
It’s funny to see the ‘budget’ option at $150, but the fact is that is incredibly affordable for triple density. And the Uberrime Bella is currently the most affordable triple density toy we’re aware of.
Size is comparable to the RealCock Rockwell, at 7.25″ insertable and 1.83″ shaft diameter. The bulbous head is about 2″ diameter though, so be keep that in mind!
Bella is also available in some of Uberrime’s fantastic colors in addition to realistic flesh tones, in case you wanted a realistic feeling dildo that looks sparkly.
Best for G-spot / Prostate Stim: Uberrime Dulce Uncut
Uberrime Dulce Specs:
Our Rating: 8.9 / 10
Insertable Length: 5.5″
Max Girth: 1.5″
Materials: Dual Density Silicone
Features: Harness compatible. Angled + bulbed for G-spot or prostate stimulation.
Uberrime is a smaller shop that does lots of fantastic custom pours for unique silicone colors and visual options. They make realistic dildos, fantasy dildos, and everything in between.
They also make some generally great G-spot and prostate dildos, as many of their toys feature a strong upward curve at the tip of the shaft.
In that vein, the Dulce is a realistic uncut penis shape, made of high quality dual density silicone. Dulce has a Shore 20a core (which is medium-firm), and Shore 0050 soft and squishy outer layer, which is in the range of ‘supersoft’ silicone.
Slightly squishier than the Tantus O2 realistic dildos, but not as soft as the Vixen VixSkin.
The Dulce is available in 5 flesh tones, which is more than the standard three ‘light, medium, and dark’ from most realistic dildo makers.
It’s also a fairly budget friendly dildo at just $70, and the size of the toy is that standard size of ~6 inches insertable and 1.5″ shaft diameter, which is great for the vast majority of users.
If the Dulce isn’t quite the right size or shape for you, Uberrime also makes these other amazing realistic G-spot dildos:
- Maxime ($129) – 7.5″ insertable, 2.2″ head diameter, 2.15″ shaft diameter
- Primo ($69) – 6.25″ insertable, 1.75″ head diameter, 1.5″ shaft diameter
- Supero ($89) – 7″ insertable, 1.75″ diameter at the head, 1.65″ shaft diameter. Straight shaft on this one, but very bulbous head.
- Optimo ($89) – 6″ insertable, 1.87″ head diameter, 1.67″ shaft diameter
- Splendid – 3 sizes available:
- Small ($69) – 5.25″ insertable, 1.6″ head diameter, 1.45″ shaft diameter
- Medium ($89) – 6″ insertable, 1.67″ head diameter, 1.6″ shaft diameter
- Large ($119) – 7.5″ insertable, 2″ head diameter, 2″ shaft diameter
The Dulce is the most pronounced curve, but the whole lineup has large, bulbous heads and generally upward-sloping curve which makes them all great for G-spot stimulation.
- Curved: the sharply curved tip is great for g-spot and prostate stimulation
- Thick head: the pronounced ridges on the head of these dildos is great for more g-spot and p-spot stim
- Harness compatible: for some O-ring strap-on fun
- Great dual density: Uberrime makes great silicone and their dual density is a great mix of firm and squishy
- No hyper-realism with regards to texture or balls
- There are a few Uberrime dildos with suction cups, but none of these models have that option
Uberrime Dulce: Final Review
All in all, Uberrime makes great dildos and this realistic G-spotter is no exception. The curved shaft, bulbed head, and dual density silicone all work toward the same goal of amazing g-spot and prostate stimulation.
The shapes aren’t 100% realistic and they are available in many vibrant non-flesh tone colors, which makes them a great option of you want a less realistic dual density dildo.
Honorable Mention: Pleasure Works Admiral
Pleasure Works is another great maker of dual density realistic dildos, many of which have the features we like for G-spotting (the curved shaft and bulbous head).
Admiral fares admirably in both categories, with a strong upward angle on the shaft and ridged, realistic head. It’s fairly long at 7.5″ insertable length (with a 1.5″ diameter shaft and a 1.6″ diameter head).
Best Realistic Porn Star Shapes: Fleshjack Boys
Fleshjack Boys Specs:
Our Rating: 8.5 / 10
Price: $60 (all models)
Insertable Length: 4″ – 7.25″
Max Girth: 1.5″ – 2.05″
Materials: Medium-soft Single Density Silicone
Features: Modeled after real porn stars’ dicks. Suction cup & bullet vibe compatible (not included). Harness compatible.
Fleshjack Boys may not be the most realistic dildos in terms of materials (they’re medium-soft single-density silicone, not dual density).
HOWEVER, they have a different kind of realism in that they’re all modeled after real male porn star’s dicks.
They’re all available in one size – the real-life size of the dick they’re molded after. And in this case, the firmer single density silicone isn’t a bad thing, as the material lets you to better feel the lifelike veins and realistic skin textures.
Here’s the size chart:
|Name||Ins. Length||Shaft Diameter|
Every Fleshjack Dildo is suction cup compatible, but you have to buy the suction cup separately and insert into the back of the toy. A bit annoying, but it is a very strong suction cup.
And every Fleshjack dildo is a flat $60. This makes the bigger sizes feel like a deal, but some of the smaller dildos feel overpriced.
- Play with your favorite star: dildos are molded from popular male porn star’s penises, for that extra level of realism. 20+ stars to choose from.
- Suction cup compatible: and it is a very strong suction cup, similar to Tantus’
- Great price for bigger toys: the flat pricing model makes some of the bigger dildos very competitively priced
- Not the softest silicone, compared to the dual density options on this page
- Suction cup is an add-on purchase
- Smaller dildos feel overpriced in the same way that bigger dildos feel like a deal
Fleshjack Porn Star Dildos: Final Review
If you’ve always wanted to get fucked by your favorite male star, then Fleshjack is the way to go.
The dildos are a firmer single density silicone so not 100% realistic in that regard. But the textures and balls are realistic, and we like the removable suction cup solution if you want to use these with a harness.
Honorable Mention: Mr Hankeys Realistic Dildos
Mr Hankeys also makes a handful of realistic dildos modeled after male porn stars. Several of them come in multiple sizes, and they scale up to ‘truly massive’ if that’s what you’re looking for. Here’s the current list:
- Cutler X (one size)
- Nick Capra (four sizes)
- Cyrus King (four sizes)
- Topher Michels (four sizes)
- Ray Diesel (five sizes)
- Cody Cachet (four sizes)
We think Mr Hankeys is by far the best large realistic dildo maker out there. Check out our full review of their collection.
Best Realistic Strapless Strapon: Fuze Tango Real
Fuze Tango Specs:
Our Rating: 9.4 / 10
Insertable Length: 6.75″ (external side) and 4.5″ (internal side)
Max Girth: 1.38″ (external side) and 1.62 (internal side)
Materials: Medium-firm silicone
Features: Double ended, bullet vibe compatible, clitoral stimulation, g-spot/prostate
‘Strapless’ strapons are really a bit of a misnomer.
Technically they do work without any kind of harness, but they require Olmpyian-level pelvic girdle strength to hold in place for any serious in-and-out thrusting. For best results you’ll want to use an open-backed harness or brief-style panties to support the weight of the toy.
We like this kind of dildo not because of their strapless qualities, but because they’re double ended and provide some good stimulation for the wearer and the receiver.
That aside, the Fuze Tango Real is our choice for best realistic strapless strapon.
It’s not dual density, but it is medium-soft single density with realistic head shape and skin texture on the shaft. And you want that slightly firmer silicone for transmitting the vibrations from the insertable bullet vibe in the base. It also had a ribbed base which gives added clitoral stimulation to the wearer – especially with the vibe in use.
- Added clit stimulation: the same clitoral textures make this a pleasurable double-ended dildo for both parties
- Bullet vibe compatible: kicks the pleasure up a notch with shared vibrations
- G-spot and prostate stimulation: angled upwards and with a bulbed tip to hit key erogenous zones
- Realistic or not: Available in realistic skin tones with realistic veins, or in smooth purple and black silicone
- Should be used with some kind of harness for best effect. This is true for every strapless strapon, not just the Fuze dildos
- Not dual density like some of the more realistic toys on this list
Fuze Tango Real: Final Review
If you’re looking for a double-ended dildo that’s pleasurable for both parties, the Fuze Tango Real has everything you could possibly want. Combine with the We-Vibe Tango bullet vibe for some powerful vibrations, and you have a setup that’s guaranteed to please everyone involved.
You should combine with some kind of supporting underwear or harness for best results. We recommend something like the RodeoH O-jock for double ended dildos (you can use this link to sign up for their rewards program and get 10% off).
But the Tango still works well enough even if you choose to go the fully strapless route.
As with all Vixen toys, the Peacemaker is the best option if you want a realistic looking strapless strapon. Made with the high quality VixSkin silicone and available in three flesh tone colors for added realism. The Peacemaker is slightly longer and thicker than the other two toys listed here (and only comes in one size), and it definitely works best when combined with a harness due to the added weight.
Tantus Real Strapless Strap On
Unfortunately, this strapless strapon isn’t the same Tantus dual density used in the O2 collection. But it is a fantastic medium-firm strapless strapon. Similar to the Tango Real, it’s good for G-spot stimulation, is bullet vibe compatible, and has some added ridges for clit stimulation.
We personally like some of the little on the Fuze – the shape of the bulb and better surface area for clit stimulation. But there’s nothing wrong with the Tantus Real, and it’s a great overall toy. Definitely want to use with a harness despite the ‘strapless’ name.
Best Realistic Ejaculating Dildo: Evolved Novelties Big Shot
Big Shot Specs:
Our Rating: 8.3 / 10
Insertable Length: 6″
Max Girth: 1.625″
Materials: Firm core with medium density silicone exterior
Features: Squirting/ejaculating, 10 vibration speeds, suction cup base, splashproof.
Looking to take that realism to the next level?
For the final touch of added realism, there are a select few squirting and ejaculating dildos out there. Most of these dildos have a long silicone tube that attaches to a syringe or bulb with fluid, that you manually squeeze when you’re ready to pop.
The Big Shot by Evolved Novelties takes the idea a step further, with a refillable reservoir for liquid in the base of the toy, which then squirts on command with a press of a button on the base of the toy.
We find this method of squirting a lot easier from a practical point of view, as the tubed ejaculating dildos can often get in the way. You also can’t use a suction cup with those style squirting dildos, which we think is a huge pro of this design.
The one downside is you’re limited to squirting the volume of liquid the toy can hold, which is about 1 oz of fluid. With syringes or bulbs you get a bigger shot.
It also has a decently strong rechargeable built in vibrator. It would be on the weak side for raw clitoral stimulation, but we find internal vibrators don’t need to be as strong (nor should they be).
One other point worth mentioning:
This dildo is quite firm. It’s a hard ABS plastic core (to house the vibrator and squirting mechanism), with a single layer of medium-firm silicone on top. So you’ll definitely feel each vein and ridge, but it won’t have the lifelike give of other dual density dildos on this list.
- Hands-free squirting: refillable reservoir of fluid built in, so no syringes or tubes needed (holds 1 oz of fluid)
- Vibrating: with a dedicated internal vibe and 10 different modes
- Suction cup base: fairly strong and mounts well for hands-free play
- Very firm: between the core to house the vibrator and squirting mechanism and the medium-firm silicone, it’s the firmest dildo on this list.
- One size: it’s a good all-around size, but no larger or smaller options available
- No massive squirting: one downside vs syringe based squirters is those toys can hold more volume of liquid if you want a big finish
Big Shot: Final Review
There’s a lot of features packed into this medium-sized dildo (squirting, vibration, suction cup base).
As a result, there are a lot of ways to use it to get off. And the benefits of the built-in ejaculating mechanism outweigh the downsides in our opinion.
You could argue that some of these extra bells and whistles cost the toy that squishy, realistic feeling of the other dildos on this list. That said, if those are thefeatures that matter to you, it’s a great vibrating and squirting dildo.
Honorable Mention: Wet For Her POP!
This slightly pricier ($140) ejaculating dildo is one of the hand-pump options we were talking about earlier. The bulbed approach means you can’t use the squirting feature with a strap on harness, but the dildo is also strap on compatible if you just want to use it without squirting.
POP was designed for lesbians as an actual insemination tool, but can easily be adapted to be a kinky squirting dildo. It’s definitely softer and more realistic feeling, while also having a smoother shaft and less realistic appearance.
Best Realistic Penis Sheath: Vixen Sheaths
Vixen Hollow Dildo Specs:
Our Rating: 8.6 / 10
Price: $124 – $130
Insertable Length: 5.75″ – 6.75″
Max Girth: 1.75″ – 2.25″
Materials: Realistic VixSkin silicone
Features: Hollow interior
Vixen makes one last appearance in this guide with their Ride On, Holster, and Colossus hollow dildo sheaths.
Hollow dildos have some unique uses compared to their solid counterparts:
- Adding length and girth to your (or your partner’s) penis
- Used on top or below your penis for double-penetration action
- Used on top of a vibrating or thrusting to to add extra realism and girth
- Can be put over toxic unsafe toys to make them body-safe
The three hollow dildos also come in graduated sizes:
- Ride On: Outside – 6.25″ long by 1.75″ wide. Inside – 4″ long by 1″ wide.
- Holster: Outside – 5.75″ long by 2.13″ wide. Inside – 4.5″ long by 1.37″ wide.
- Colossus: Outside – 6.75″ long by 2.25″ wide. Inside – 5.5″ long by 1.37″ wide.
All three of these hollow sheaths are great for adding girth however you want it, and they open up some really creative ways to play beyond what your standard dildo allows.
- Realistic: turns any hard toy or vibrator into a realistic-felling cock
- DP: Great for double penetration
- Girthy: adds some serious thickness to your own dick or to your favorite toy
- You’re somewhat limited by the inner dimensions and the round, hollow base. Your own shaft or your favorite toy needs to fit snugly inside for best results.
- Not cheap – they are made of premium VixSkin, which also carries a premium price tag.
Vixen Hollow Dildos: Final Review
These are some excellent toys with a lot of creative use cases.
They’re highly versatile, and are a great way to add some thickness to your own cock or your favorite toy. The realistic VixSkin silicone ensures it still feels like the real thing!
FAQs About Realistic Dildos
How lifelike are these compared to a real penis?
Depends on the material.
- Single density silicone is the least lifelike because it’s all one firmness, and usually on the firmer side. We like supersoft silicone when it’s available, but it can also lead to some very floppy dildos.
- Dual density is the best of both worlds, with a firm core and soft, fleshy outside. They don’t feel quite like a real penis, but they’re pretty damn close and you would be hard pressed to feel the difference once they’re lubed up and inside of you.
- And triple density silicone is the most lifelike, as the outer ‘skin’ layer moves around the inner firm core in a very realistic fashion. If we had to put a number on it, triple density toys are 99% like the real thing.
How do I store & protect my expensive dildo?
Very carefully! The supersoft silicone that makes up realistic toys is prone to creases or tears. You want to store them away from other toys or pointy objects, ideally in something like a shoebox by themselves. You can also wrap them in a pillowcase or towel to protect the delicate, soft silicone.
Another reason we like to store realistic toys on their own: dual density silicone is often very soft and almost tacky to the touch, and as a result it also picks up hairs and dust like crazy. You’ll probably always want to wash them before use (even if you already washed them after your last use) just to clear this dust and debris.
These toys aren’t cheap, and you’ll want to protect your investment.
What’s the most popular size for realistic dildos?
If you’re going for realism, the average penis size is around 5.15 inches of insertable length and 4.6 inch circumference (1.45 inch diameter). And judging by the hundreds of dildos we’ve seen, that generally matches the hard data.
The most common dildo size is slightly larger than the average real dick, at between 5.5 to 6 inches of insertable length, and right around 1.5 inches shaft diameter. Diameter is the more important measurement to consider here.
This size is right at the line between beginner and intermediate sizes. If you’re relatively new to sex toys, 1.5 inches should be the max girth you’re considering. While more experienced users may prefer something in the 1.5 to 2 inch diameter range.
Do women prefer dildos larger than their partner?
The unsatisfying answer is: it depends on the woman. Like anything in life, people have wildly different sexual preferences and there’s no ‘one size fits all’ answer here.
Sure, some women might be size queens and want a dildo that’s much bigger than any real penis could be. But there are also plenty of women that also like smaller toys – either the size of their partner, or something a bit smaller to get warmed up. There’s no hard and fast rule here.
Don’t be intimidated if your partner does use a toy that’s bigger than you are. The most realistic dildos on this list may look and feel like a real penis, but they can’t make up for the fact that they’re not attached to a real person.
Should I incorporate a dildo with my boyfriend/girlfriend?
Sure! But as with anything in any good relationship, you should talk to your partner about it first. Don’t just whip out an 8″ dildo in the heat of the moment and see what happens.
I mean, you could do that, but then you have to prepare for the possibility that it might not go how to expected it to.
The best course of action is to have a conversation with your partner about what they want to try, and what they might be open to trying. That way you’re all on the same page, and there’s no sudden surprises to ruin an intimate moment.
So we covered a lot of realistic looking dildos. And you probably know more about sex toys than you ever wanted to know.
Hopefully you found one that works for you!
If not, you can always check out our dildo size comparison chart – a list of over 1,000 body-safe dildos that you can sort and filter to find the perfect match.
And if you do find a great dildo that you love, we’d appreciate if you purchased through one of the links on our site. Affiliate commissions are how we can afford to produce these kind of in-depth, comprehensive reviews.
We never let these commissions affect our choice for the best toys, and they don’t cost you anything if you do use one of these links. In most cases, we’ve searched around to find the best price on many of these toys.
Thanks for reading!