Looking for a new vibrator for solo use or with a partner?
The good news: There’s hundreds and hundreds of vibrators of every conceivable type to choose from.
The bad news: There’s hundreds and hundreds of vibrators of every conceivable type to choose from.
- Clit vibrators
- G-spot vibes
- Magic wands
- Wearable vibrators
- Rabbit vibes
- Pressure wave suction vibes
…just to name a few!
Finding the best vibrator can be overwhelming, and you want to be sure you get a sex toy that’s going to work for you or your partner before shelling out some cold, hard cash.
Luckily, we’ve sorted through just about every vibrator on the market, and distilled it down to the best vibrator (and some honorable mentions) in each of 12 categories.
In this guide we’ll:
- Do a quick review of the vibrator landscape and what you need to know
- Review the best vibes available by category and type (best overall and budget options)
- Answer some FAQs about buying and using a vibrator
- Discuss some popular vibrators to avoid
This is a crazy long post, so enough preamble – let’s get to it!
Best Vibrators TL;DR
Don’t have time to read 9,000 words about every conceivable kind of vibrator? Here’s the cliff’s notes version:
- The We-Vibe Tango is our recommendation for best all-around vibrator.
- If you’re looking for raw power, try the Doxy Die Cast or Original Magic Wand.
- The Womanizer is the best suction toy, and is a real game-changer if you’ve never tried suction vibes before.
- The Lovense Lush (G-spot) and We-Vibe Moxie (clit) are the best wearable vibes, with the We-Vibe Sync as a great wearable for couples.
- Lelo makes some great quiet vibes like the Mia (bullet) or Mona (G-spot). The Crave Vesper is also super discreet.
- Rabbits aren’t great; but if you must have one try the FunFactory Miss Bi or We-Vibe Nova.
- Looking for something different? Try the Velvet Mini Teddy thruster, Funfactory Volta, or Hot Octopuss DiGiT.
- On a budget? The Pillow Talk Sassy, Satisfyer Pro, Shibari Halo Mini, or BMS Essential Bullet are great in their categories.
A Crash Course in Vibrators
For many years, there were relatively few types of vibrators – basically just phallic-looking toys and bullet vibes.
But in the past 10-20 years we’ve come a long way with innovative sex toy makers rethinking what makes a great vibrator and trying all kinds of new ideas.
To be honest, we’ve gone to the other extreme and finding the best vibe has gotten kind of overwhelming.
There’s just so many options and types: bullets and eggs and rabbits and suction toys and, well… you get the idea.
In that vein, every body – and every vagina – is different. What works for us may not work for you.
In this guide we draw on our own extensive experience, along with insight from other sex toy reviewers and 3rd party reviews on popular sex toy websites and Amazon. This allows us to present only the best toys that work for a wide variety of bodies, and not just our own.
Here’s an overview of what you need to know to make an informed decision to buy a vibrating sex toy that will deliver mind-blowing orgasms for your body.
Clit vs G-spot Vibes
The first question to ask yourself is: “do I want internal g-spot stimulation or external clitoral stimulation?”
There’s no best answer here – it’s going to depend on your body and how you prefer to get off. The majority of women need clitoral stimulation to orgasm while others say the G-spot is the way to go.
If you’re new to sex toys or not sure, we generally recommend going with an external clit vibrator. The existence of the G-spot is still up for debate in academic circles, and some studies suggest that internal vaginal orgasms are mostly achieved through indirect stimulation of the clit (and clitoral bulbs) through those internal vibrations.
Plus, most women are more likely get off on clitoral stimulation and have stronger orgasms vs purely penetrative stimulation.
That said, as a general rule phallic g-spot vibrators can also be used on the clitoris with no problems. However, many clit-oriented vibes are too small, and thus are harder to use for internal stimulation. You’ll get best results by using a toy the way it was designed to be used, but many toys on this list can work effectively for both clitoral and internal stimulation.
There’s also rabbit-style and couples vibes that aim to hit both spots at the same time.
Common Types of Vibrators
So, which type of vibrator is going to be best for your needs depends on what kind of stimulation you prefer.
Here’s a list of vibrator types that are best for clit stimulation:
- Magic wands
- Pressure wave suction toys
- Butterfly and panty vibes
- Tongue vibrators
And the vibe styles best for vaginal g-spot stimulation:
- Vibrating dildos
- Egg vibes
- Magic wands (with internal attachments)
- Thrusters & Pulsers
And the kind that work for both:
- “U-shaped” couples vibes
- Finger attachments
Rumbly vs. Buzzy Vibrations
Another big consideration is the type of vibrations you want. In the wider sex toy community we tend to classify vibrations as either:
- Buzzy – very fast, surface level vibrations. Think high-pitched buzzing sounds. These are more intense at first, but can actually numb your sensitive parts over time, and as such should not be used for more than 10-15 minutes at a time.
- Rumbly – lower, deeper vibrations that are a bit slower and with a weightier feel to them. These tend to penetrate deeper and resonate throughout your skin, and are better used to build to a slow(er), but powerful climax.
There’s no right answer as to which is better, but you’ll see many sex toy reviewers and aficionados (us included) generally prefer rumbly vibrators to buzzy ones.
How discreet & quiet do you need?
Another big factor to consider when shopping for a vibrating sex toy is how discreet and how silent it is. If you have roommates or live with family then you’re going to want a vibe that doesn’t make a lot of noise (although you might make some noise while using them).
There’s no hard-and-fast rule as to which types of vibrators are the quietest – that’s more a factor of the specific machinery and materials used in the toy.
Soft silicone vibrators are usually a bit quieter than hard materials like metal or ABS plastic but again, this more comes down to the motor inside your vibe.
There’s also the visual look of a vibrator to consider.
A bright pink silicone rabbit is very obviously a sex toy. Whereas a lipstick-shaped bullet vibe like the Lelo Mia 2 can be carried around in your purse without raising any suspicions.
There’s also size to consider – you can more easily hide a bullet or palm vibrator away in a drawer without drawing attention to it, versus a large dildo or rabbit.
Pressure Wave Suction
There’s been a lot of new innovations in the sex toy industry over the past decade – thrusting dildos, wearable vibes, and toys designed to mimic oral sex.
But perhaps the most infamous in recent years is pressure wave stimulators, or suction toys. Toys like the Womanizer don’t technically vibrate at all. Instead, they provide powerful clitoral stimulation with pulses of air suction.
We’ll talk more about these below, but these toys really are a game changer if you’ve never tried one.
Alright, that’s enough talk. Let’s get to the real reason you’re here – the best vibrators available to buy in 2020!
Best Vibes Comparison Table
|1||We-Vibe Tango||Bullet vibe||Deep rumbly vibrations
Works with other toys that use bullets
|2||Lelo Mona 2||G-Spot||Bulbed tip
|3||Doxy Die Cast||Magic Wand||Most powerful vibrator
Variable power settings
Luxury aluminum body
Weighted internal motor
|4||Lovense Lush 2||Wearable egg||Best app-controlled vibe
Custom vibration modes
Great for public play
Best for camming
|5||We-Vibe Sync||Couple's vibe||Bluetooth app connectivity
Wearable for extended periods
Flexible dual hinges
Storage and charge case
|6||Vesper Crave||Necklace vibe||Luxury look and feel
Incredibly quiet and discreet
|7||Womanizer Classic||Suction Toy||Intense suction pulses
Replaceable silicone nozzle
8 power levels
|8||FunFactory Volta||Tongue Vibe||2 silicone tips
Unique stimulation options
|9||Velvet Mini Teddy||Thrusting Dildo||2.5" thrusting length
Suction cup base
6 thrusting speeds
|10||We-Vibe Moxie||Wearable panty vibe||Magnetic clip
Bluetooth app connectivity
Great wearable clit vibe
|11||FunFactory Miss Bi||Rabbit||G-spot and clit stimulation
Thick & girthy shaft
|12||HotOctopuss DiGiT||Finger vibe||Dual finger loop
5 vibration modes and intensities
Disclosure: some of the links on this page are affiliate links, meaning we get paid if you buy a product using one of our links, at no extra cost to you. We never let affiliate programs influence our decisions on the best sex toys, and the opinions here are our own. We’ve spent hundreds of hours reviewing and testing toys and this is how we keep the lights on. Read our full affiliate disclosure.
Best Bullet Vibe: We-Vibe Tango
Our Rating: 9.3 / 10
Dimensions: .7 inches wide X 3.5 inches long
Power: Deep, quiet, rumbly vibrations
Materials: Body-safe ABS thermoplastic
Features: Waterproof, 8 vibration settings, low power alert
As far as we (and many other sex toy reviewers) are concerned, the We-Vibe Tango is the best all-around vibrator. A lot of the rest of this best-of vibrators guide will be comparing other toys to this little power-packed bullet.
Don’t let the Tango’s stature as a tiny bullet vibrator fool you – it packs a very pleasurable punch and is well-suited for almost any use-case. It has strong, rumbly vibrations that make it amazing for clit stimulation and great to use in combination with any penetrating toy.
The lowest settings are more than enough if you’re not the kind of gal who needs jackhammer-level vibrations to get off, and the higher settings are strong enough to compete with some much large vibes.
Sure, the Tango lacks some of the advanced features that some wearable or remote-control vibrators have. But it sets the bar for overall quality as far as pure clitoral vibrations go.
- Rumbly: the Tango delivers deep, rumbly vibrations for such a compact bullet toy.
- Quiet: the lowest 3-4 settings are quiet enough not to be heard from the next room over.
- 8 Vibration Settings: it starts low with deep, penetrating sensations and scales up quickly for those looking for a bit more power.
- Compact: as a bullet vibrator, the Tango is small and easy to hide. Great for travel or just hiding deep in your underwear drawer.
- Accessorize: the Tango is so popular that both We-Vibe and some other makers have accessory sleeves to increase the ways you can use it.
- Battery Life & Charging: some users report problems with the Tango staying connected to the charger, or have had issues with the battery losing charge and dying quickly, although we’ve never experienced these problems.
- No ergonomic features: the small size of the toy combined with powerful vibrations (and lubed up fingers) can make it difficult to hold on to the Tango for extended periods of time.
We-Vibe Tango Overall Impression
The We-Vibe Tango is easily the best bullet vibe available, and a strong contend for best all-around vibrator. It’s got enough range for us to comfortably recommend it to a wide variety of users.
There’s a reason so many sex bloggers love this tiny little bullet, and we’ll happily add our name to the list of satisfied customers.
FemmeFunn Ultra Bullet
Slightly cheaper than the Tango, and just a little bit bigger, this bullet vibe has a lot of the same benefits. It’s compact, very quiet, has a silicone exterior rather than the Tango’s thermoplastic, and has 20 vibration modes (although you’ll probably just use the 3 steady speeds).
We think the Ultra bullet is a little more ergonomic than the Tango, but it’s just not *quite* as rumbly as the Tango. Don’t get us wrong, this vibe looks and feels great, but it’s just shy of being truly “the best” bullet vibrator out there.
Another we-vibe bullet toy. The Touch is more of a palm vibrator, but works very similarly to the other toys on this list. It’s quieter than the Tango, and slightly more ergonomic with the soft silicone exterior. But the Tango’s plastic exterior transmits vibrations a bit better, resulting in a better overall experience than the Touch.
That’s our preference, although these two toys are very similar and both excellent bullet vibes.
Affordable Option: BMS Essential Bullet ($20)
Hands down the best value in a bullet vibe. We’d give this an 8/10 in rumbly vibrations compared to the Tango’s 10/10, but it’s just a fraction of the price. If you’re looking for a compact vibrator on a tight budget, the BMS Essential Bullet is the toy for you!
Best G-Spot Stimulation: Lelo Mona 2
Mona 2 Specs:
Our Rating: 8.9 / 10
Dimensions: 8.7 inches long X 2.0 inches wide X 1.3 inches thick
Insertable Length: 4.3 inches
Max Girth: 1.5 inches
Materials: ABS plastic handle with silicone head
Features: 6 vibration modes, waterproof, incredibly quiet
We’ll admit up front: we may not be the best couple to recommend a g-spot vibrator as that’s not really what gets us off; clitoral vibrations all the way. That said, we know some of you gals out there do prefer internal stimulation, and that’s where the Lelo Mona 2 shines.
It’s a bit buzzier than something like the Tango, which isn’t as ideal for clit stimulation, but we found to be preferable for internal vibrations. The wide shape of the head gives a nice feeling of fullness, and the curved tip pinpoints vibrations right onto the G-spot.
You can use the flat back of the head for broader clit stimulation, we just didn’t find it as enjoyable as something like the bullet vibrators mentioned above.
The 1.5-inch max width was right about what we prefer for a penetrating toy, but you’ll want to make sure the size fits your needs as some other users report it being too big (while others said it’s too small).
- Targets the G-spot: the tip of the toy puts the vibrations right where you want them.
- Luxurious looks: we love the look, feel, and overall aesthetics of this toy. Pure luxury!
- Quiet: it’s nearly impossible to hear the Mona 2 through walls or a closed door, especially when used internally.
- Easy to hold: the vibrations are focused in the head of the toy, and don’t make your hand go numb while using.
- The $170 price tag is a lot, for what’s otherwise a fairly standard gspot vibe.
- Not as strong as something like a magic wand with g-spot attachment; not ideal if you’re looking for jackhammer-level vibrations.
Mona 2: Final Review
We’re a bit conflicted in this category of g-spot vibes because it’s not really our place to recommend (from personal preference), and it seems other reviewers have a love/hate relationship with this toy.
Although it does have an average rating of 4.2 / 5 on Amazon with almost 400 reviews, so a lot more people love it than hate it 🙂 If you like the curvaceous shape and medium-high level of vibrations, it’s going to be your new best friend.
It’s very luxurious and everything about the Mona 2 is well-designed for optimal g-spot stimulation, so if cost is no problem then you really do owe it to yourself to try this toy.
A slightly rumblier g-spot vibrator at a very similar price point to the Mona 2. It also has the ability to let your partner control it long-distance with an app, although the app is buggier than something like the Lovense Lush.
We like the size, shape, and contours more of the Mona slightly more (the Rave is a little too small for our tastes) when it comes to G-spot stimulation, but this is a really close call, and the Rave is about $50 cheaper.
Budget Option: Pillow Talk Sassy ($60)
We haven’t tried the Pillow Talk Sassy personally yet, but many reviewers compare it to the Mona and Rave – at roughly half the price! If you’re not sure you’ll love the Mona 2 for that price, then this is a great budget alternative.
The Sassy’s bulbed head is perfect for G-spot stimulation, while the toy can also be used for medium-broad pressure on the clit. It’s slightly smaller than the Mona, but thicker than the Rave. It’s a very rumbly toy – the rumbliest of all 3 g-spot vibes here – so if that’s what you prefer for internal vaginal stimulation, then this may be the vibe for you.
Most Powerful Magic Wand: Doxy Die Cast
Die Cast Specs:
Our Rating: 9.2 / 10
Dimensions: 14.5 inches long X 2 inches wide, Head is 2.35 inches across
Materials: Brushed aluminum body with silicone head
Features: Incredible power and weight, continuous speed settings from 3000 – 9000 RPM
This recommendation may be heresy to users of the O.G. Magic Wand (formerly of Hitachi), the infamous “personal massager” that spawned this entire category of toys.
But the fact is: the Doxy Die Cast is simply more powerful than the original Magic Wand – if that’s what you’re looking for. We realize that for some, this may not be necessary as the Magic Wand is plenty powerful. But for those of you who want the absolute strongest vibrator available, the Die Cast is for you.
The Die Cast also has much more power variability, which a sliding scale between 3,000 – 9,000 RPMs (whereas the magic wand has 2 settings of 5,000 and 6,000 RPMs). Meaning Doxy starts lower, but also goes higher.
We also found the Doxy to have slightly deeper, rumbly vibrations at the lower speeds although it does get pretty buzzy as it gets closer to 9,000 RPM.
Lastly – Doxy seems to have some quality control issues. Most of their wands are sturdy and great, but every now and then someone seems to just get a dud that doesn’t work. It does come with a 12-month warranty though, so you’re covered for at least a year.
All that said, there are some reasons why you might be better suited with the Original Magic Wand, which we’ll get into below in the honorable mentions.
- POWER: the Die Cast the most powerful magic wand, and the metal construction (exterior and interior) transmits rumbly vibrations right where you want them.
- Weight: the weight of the aluminum body vs the standard ABS plastic means you can set the wand in place for a hands-free experience.
- Aesthetics: with the brushed aluminum and the silicone head, it definitely looks like an upgrade over the traditional Magic Wand.
- Not compatible with attachment heads for additional ways to play. However, the smaller Die Cast 3 and the Doxy 3R do work with attachments if that’s your thing.
- Some quality control issues – although all Doxy wands come with a 12-month warranty with proof of purchase.
- Possibly too powerful? We don’t recommend using for more than ~15 minutes at a time as it may leave you a little desensitized down there (you probably won’t need 15 minutes with this toy).
Doxy Die Cast: Final Review
If you’re looking for raw power in an elegant body, there’s simply no vibrator stronger than the Doxy Die Cast. It’s not without its flaws – and oof that price tag – but if you want the best-of-the-best clitoral stimulation, this is it.
OG Magic Wand Corded (with dimmer switch)
The original magic wand is roughly 40% of the cost of the Die Cast ($65) which makes it a great alternative for the budget conscious. The problem is the original has a porous PVC head (rather than silicone), and the corded power is only compatible with U.S. power outlets.
The Magic Wand Plus fixes both of the above problems: a silicone head and an adaptable power switch for our EU friends, and runs about $90.
Neither wand has as many power options as the Doxy does, but you can fix that with a $10 dimmer switch to control the amount of power the wand receives, which is perfect if you find all of these wands too powerful.
Lastly, the Magic wand is compatible with a variety of attachment heads for internal stimulation and other fun ways to play.
Budget Option: Shibari Halo Mini ($30)
Our first wand years ago was the full-sized Shibari Halo and it was an amazing budget wand. This compact magic wand runs just $30, and boasts a 4.2 / 5 stars on Amazon with almost 4,000 ratings. It’s a little weaker than the full-sized vibes, but still plenty strong and may be right around that ‘goldilocks’ power level for most users.
Like many budget vibes there’s some quality control issues as some of these have problems charging over time. But the overwhelming majority work fine with no issues, and our full-sized Halo is still working great almost 4 years later.
Budget Option: Vibratex Mystic Wand ($50)
Vibratex wands are actually made by the same makers of the Original Magic Wand above, just under a different distribution label. So the motor is incredibly powerful, despite being powered by 4 AA batteries.
It’s not on the same power level as the corded wands, but it still packs a punch, certainly more powerful than most traditional vibes on this list. It’s also a bit buzzier, kind of in the middle of the rumbly-buzzy spectrum. It’s also compact and great for travel, or for those who find the full-sized wands cumbersome and heavy.
Best Egg Vibrator: Lovense Lush 2
Lush 2 Specs:
Our Rating: 8.9 / 10
Insertable Length: 3.5″
Max Girth: 1.5″
Features: Bluetooth app connectivity, waterproof, customizable vibration modes.
The original Lovense Lush is one of the most novel vibrators of the past decade, using the power of bluetooth and a smartphone app to open up endless exciting new ways to play. The Lush 2 takes everything the original Lush had to offer, and upgraded it for a better experience across the board.
The egg-shape of this toy pops inside you, where you or your partner can control the vibrations through a number of ways in the free app:
- Flat vibrations – in standard 3 intensity levels
- Pre-programmed rhythms – use one of the patterns available in the app, or program your own
- Partner control – connect the Lush (or your phone) with your partner and let them control your pleasure
- Music sync – let the Lush pulse in sync to a song on your phone, or respond to ambient sound
- App modes – it’s constantly being updated and has far more options than competing app-controlled toys.
- Shhhhh – the Lush 2 is very quiet – especially when inserted – which means you can use it without bothering roommates (or the people around you in public)
- Mentally stimulating – the best part of this vibrator is how many new, exciting ways to play. In public, while at work, or long-distance.
- Long-distance relationships – provides a way of staying connected that no other toy can match.
- Camming – Great for cam girls, as it gets fans involved and can really boost your tips and earnings.
- Some users have had faulty batteries or charging mechanisms. We recommend buying direct through Lovense for the 1-year warranty.
- Not as strong as a wand or suction vibe – comparable to a high end bullet.
- Sometimes bluetooth connectivity is spotty. We recommend using long-range mode (even when close to your partner) and keeping your phone in your pocket or next to you.
Lush 2 Final Review
If you’re looking to try something new with your partner, the Lush 2 opens up many kinky ways to play. The vibrations provide great G-spot stimulation, and it’s quiet enough not to raise suspicions of those around you. Although your “O face” might give things away!
Honorable Mention: OhMiBod Esca 2
The Esca 2 has slightly stronger vibrations than the Lush 2, but the features in the app are nowhere near as plentiful. We found the best part of the lush to be how exciting it is and how many options it opens up for new ways to play. But if you’re just looking for max power in a wearable egg vibe, the Esca 2 may be the better choice for you.
Best For Couples: We-Vibe Sync
We-Vibe Sync Specs:
Our Rating: 9.0 / 10
Dimensions: 3″ long by 1.25″ wide by 1.65″ thick (both arms)
Insertable Length: 2.75″ (G-spot arm)
Max Girth: 1.25″ (G-spot arm)
Features: Waterproof, dual g-spot and clit motors, flexible hinged shape, bluetooth app & remote control, luxurious storage/charge case.
Finding the best couple’s vibrator is a tall order – the toy has to work for not just one, but both partners to be effective. That means it has to provide good vibrations and fit the anatomy of both of you to work well.
With that is consideration, we’ve found the We-Vibe Sync to be an ideal couple’s vibe for most. It’s a U-shaped vibe with a flexible hinge that allows you to set it in place – where it will stay no matter what position you and your partner are in. Other similar toys aren’t as flexible, and are prone to coming dislodged in the heat of the moment.
The Sync has two separate motors – one for external clit vibrations, and a smaller, weaker motor to hit the G-spot and provide some additional stimulus to your partner. We-Vibe is known for their rumbly toys which is ideal for a dual-vibrator, as the two vibrations penetrate deep to really work for both partners.
Keep in mind we’re reviewing the Sync as an in-person couple’s vibrator. It can be controlled long-distance through the WeConnect app, but the app has some connectivity issues that make it less ideal as a toy for long-distance relationships. It absolutely can work in that regard, but there are better long-distance setups if that’s your primary use-case.
There’s also some more budget-friendly versions of the Sync like the Match and Unite if you’re curious, but don’t have $200 to spend.
- Broad vibrations: the two motors hit the clit and g-spot simultaneously for broad stimulation to both you and your partner.
- Flexible use: literally – the two hinges in the middle of the Sync allows you to position it however you’d like and it stays in place better than most couple’s vibrators.
- Works with penetration: The clip doesn’t get in the way of your partner’s penis (or another toy).
- Wearable: The clip shape makes the Sync double as a wearable vibrator, although it’s not quite on the same level as something like the Lush.
- Charging station: we really like the charge station and cover, which allows for easy bedside storage and ready-to-use at a moment’s notice.
- Not ideal for long-distance play: the WeConnect app generally works fine, but sometimes has issues with the bluetooth connection – especially from long-range or if you’re a larger gal. The wireless remote has a shorter range and doesn’t work great without a fairly direct line of sight.
- Not for power queens: the Sync isn’t as strong as something like the Tango or other dedicated powerful vibrators. The G-spot arm isn’t as strong as we’d like; the clit motor is doing all the heavy lifting.
- Price: the sync is a premium vibrator, and the $200+ price tag reflects that.
We-Vibe Sync: Final Review
There’s a reason the Sync has been We-Vibe’s flagship vibrator for over a decade, and also why it has won numerous sex toy awards over the years.
It’s not a true powerhouse like some of the other toys in this guide, but it’s strong enough to get the job done, and it opens up exciting new ways to play hands-free with your partner.
There are a lot of other couple’s vibrators that imitate this U-shaped design, but none that are ass well-rounded and versatile as the Sync.
A similar dual-stim vibrator from Lelo. It’s powerful, but not as flexible as the Sync and thus much harder to ensure it’ll be a great fit for you and your partner.
We generally find Lelo’s remote control to be a bit better, and Ida is amazing if it does fit right – but for most couples (and most vaginas), the Ida’s arms simply won’t hit quite where you want them to, which is one of the biggest upsides to the Sync.
Budget Option: Satisfyer Partner Plus ($50)
At 1/4 of the price of the Sync, there’s the Satisfyer Parter Plus, another U-shaped dual-stim vibe for penetrative sex. It has the general look and feel of the Sync, but that’s about it.
Without the same hinges it’s harder to get the positioning right and it doesn’t stay in place as well as the Sync. It’s also not as powerful, which can leave it a bit underwhelming. There’s also the regular Satisfyer Partner ($30) and the Satisfyer Whale ($45) at similar price points.
Best Suction Toy: Womanizer Classic
Womanizer Classic Specs:
Our Rating: 9.3
Dimensions: 6″ long by 2″ wide by 1-2″ thick
Materials: Plastic body with silicone nozzle
Features: 8 power settings, replaceable silicone suction nozzle
The Womanizer is another truly revolutionary sex toy of our times. It’s not technically a vibrator at all – it’s what is known as a pressure wave stimulator, which is a fancy way of saying “it sucks your clit with air pressure.”
It also feels fucking incredible.
It’s not really anything like the sucking sensation of receiving oral sex, it is closer to a vibrator in that regard.
It also needs a tight seal around your clit to work properly, so you’ll want to make sure that you choose the suction toy that best matches your anatomy. We found the Womanizer to be a great all-around size, and the suction nozzle is removable and comes in a small or medium size to better fit your body.
We also find the Womanizer to have the best suction out of all these toys. The We-Vibe Melt (below) is close, but Womanizer really has perfect the art of pressure wave stimulators with deep, ‘sucky’ pulses.
- Incredibly quiet – much more so than the traditional vibes on this list, because it doesn’t need an oscillating motor to generate vibrations.
- Orgasmic – I can reliably come in less than 5 minutes from start to finish.
- Reliable – powered by a nontraditional motor that’s much less prone to problems than other vibes.
- 8 power levels – but you likely won’t need more than level 3 or 4. We rarely go above 4.
- It’s too good. Is that even a downside? It can feel so stimulating that it gets overbearing after a few minutes of use.
Womanizer: Final Review
Maybe the best way to describe the Womanizer is that it “forcibly yanks orgasms out of your pussy.”
There’s no subtlety to the sensations – from the first pulse of air suction it’s incredibly powerful and while it works amazingly, it can almost ruin the sensations that come afterwards. Pressure wave toys are the polar opposite of something like the Pure Wand, which forces you to really get in tune with your body through manual stimulation.
Don’t get me wrong – I absolutely love my Womanizer, and it can reliably deliver quick, powerful, and quiet orgasms. If you’ve never tried pressure wave suction, you absolutely should try it ASAP and see what you’ve been missing.
There are a good number of reviewers out there who prefer the We-Vibe Melt over the Womanizer. We think both suction toys are great – but the Melt is a little more expensive, and you can’t change the nozzle size like you can with the Womanizer to ensure it really fits your anatomy.
That said, the Melt is a fine size for most users, and it does look & feel a little more luxurious than the plastic body of the Womanizer. It’s a close call, and comes down to budget more than anything.
Budget Option: Satisfyer Pro 2 ($50)
The Satisfyer Pro 2 definitely isn’t quite on the same level as the other two pressure wave toys; it’s a bit cheaper both in construction and the intensity of suction. It’s also harder to get a great seal with the Satisfyer Pro.
All that said, it’s by far the best budget suction vibe, and lets you see what all the buzz is about without having to spend $100+ on a pressure wave stimulator.
Best Silent & Discreet Vibrator: Crave Vesper
Crave Vesper Specs:
Our Rating: 8.4 / 10
Price: $69 – $150
Dimensions: 3.6″ long by .5″ wide by .5″ thick
Materials: Stainless Steel body with Silver, Rose Gold, or Gold plating
Features: Wearable necklace chain, whisper quiet
The Crave Vesper is a bullet vibe that’s so discreet it’s designed to literally be worn as a necklace without drawing attention to itself. If you’re not bold enough to wear out and about it’s still discreet and sneaky at home, fitting in perfectly with your other jewelry without raising suspicions.
And not only does it look discreet – it’s damn quiet too, with one test showing it as just 1 dB louder than ambient noise through a door. Another close-up test right next to the Vesper put it at 32 dB above ambient noise, which is still incredibly quiet for something that vibrates.
- Unique aesthetic: it actually works as a sleek necklace in silver, rose gold, or gold finish.
- Whisper quiet: as mentioned above, one of the absolute quietest bullet vibes out there.
- Powerful: for such a tiny, discreet vibrator is absolutely packs a punch.
- Battery life: only lasts around 40 minutes on a full charge. Although that should be more than enough!
- A bit expensive if you don’t care about the aesthetics. For the same price you could just get a We Vibe Tango instead.
Crave Vesper: Final Review
We love that this necklace is more than just another bullet vibe; the Vesper is a legitimate piece of jewelry that just so happens to get you off when you need it. It’s discreet both visually and audibly, and it’s plenty powerful to get you off, which makes it our best discreet vibrator on this list.
Lelo Mia 2
Lelo makes some of the quietest vibes out there – it’s one of the pros listed on pretty much every Lelo on this list – and the Mia 2 lipstick vibrator is perhaps the most silent of them all!
Mia is a fairly typical bullet vibrator, quieter than the Tango, although not as rumbly and powerful. It’s also slightly louder than the Vesper, but still very quiet overall. It’s also incredibly discreet as it looks like an ordinary lipstick, so it won’t stand out in your purse or in your bedside drawer.
Blush Exposed Nocturnal
Blush Exposed Noctural is a solid lipstick-shaped bullet vibe. It certainly is powerful, if not a little bit buzzy. If you’re going to buy a vibe in this size and shape we’d generally recommend the Tango, but it’s a solid option for just $40.
Budget Option: Tenga Iroha Mini ($24)
The Tenga Iroha Mini is another tiny, nearly inaudible vibrator that also looks incredibly innocent. In this case, the Iroha Mini looks almost like a chap stick or lip balm canister.
It’s also even more quiet than the Vesper or Mia 2, however it is the least powerful of these discreet toys. Enough to get you where you need to go – but just barely, and only if you’re not used to a magic wand.
Best Tongue Vibe: Fun Factory Volta
FunFactory Volta Specs:
Our Rating: 8.2 / 10
Dimensions: 7.4″ long by 1.9″ wide
Materials: Firm silicone tips with a smooth plastic handle
Features: 2 tongue-like flaps, 6 speed levels, and a travel lock setting
The FunFactory Volta is a prime example of what we talked about in the intro, regarding new types of vibrators that just didn’t exist a decade ago.
The Volta has two fluttery ‘tongues’ that, when combined with the powerful rumbly motor, provide some unique clit stimulation. It’s also great for other surface stimulation – nipples, labia, and can even be used on a penis.
Like the suction toys above, it certainly doesn’t feel like oral sex. It does feel pretty damn powerful though. However, whether or not it works for you is going to depend on the kind of pressure and stimulation you like. You’ll also want to use a lot of water-based lube to help distribute the sensations a bit.
Volta’s motor is very rumbly, but the way the thin tips transmit those vibrations it ends up quite buzzy on the clitoris. It’s also very pin-pointed, due to the narrow and lightweight nature of the two tongue shapes.
It’s an exciting vibrator for sure and it’s got some hefty power behind it, but if you like something deep and rumbly like the Tango or a magic wand, this probably isn’t quite the sensation you’re looking for.
- Unique sensations: between the powerful motor and tulip-like lips the Volta provides some unique sensations. It’s closer in feeling to oral sex than most vibes, but still not quite the same.
- Power: the Volta is strong, and the vibrations transmit well through the silicone flaps.
- Versatile: it can be used on a wide variety of erogenous zones with good results. The two lips allow you to wrap around your clit for some enveloping vibrations.
- You’ll need to experiment a bit with different power levels and placement of the flaps to find what works best for you.
- Might be a bit too powerful depending on the kind of stimulation you like. And for some ladies, it may simply be the wrong kind of clit stimulation.
- Takes a while to charge and has a shorter battery life than some more simple and straightforward vibrators.
FunFactory Volta: Final Review
One of the more unique vibrators we’ve seen, but one that is more than a gimmick. The Volta definitely hits a bit differently than a bullet vibe or magic wand – and may be a bit much for some users – but all-in-all it’s a high quality toy with more than enough power for some strong clitoral orgasms.
We recommend this if you’re looking to try something new and powerful, but due to the unique-ness of the sensations we don’t really recommend it if you’re shopping for your first high-end vibrator.
For something completely different, the Lelo Ora is a unique tongue vibrator that seeks to really mimic the sensations of oral sex with a swiveling tongue-shaped bulb. It has a variety of programmed motions designed to mimic oral sex. It falls prey to the same problems all ‘realistic’ vibrators do – it just doesn’t compare to a real tongue, but it’s the closest we’ve seen.
Due to the uniqueness of what Lelo is trying to do with this toy, it’s going to be really hit or miss. The Ora pretty much gets either 5-star or 1-star reviews based on that fact. But if you’re looking for something different and want the quality Lelo is known for, the Ora is worth considering.
Budget Option: Satisfyer Power Flower ($50)
The Satisfyer Power Flower is the same basic design as the Volta – a powerful motor with three silicone tips in a triangular flower-shape. The overall power is similar to the Volta (a.k.a. a lot), and the triangular shape provides more broad stimulation to your clitoral region. If you want to try one of these unique tongue vibes without spending $100+, we highly recommend the Power Flower.
Best Thruster: Velvet Mini Teddy
Thrusting Mini Teddy Specs:
Our Rating: 8.7 / 10
Insertable Length: 5″ with 2.5″ stroke length
Max Girth: 1.5″
Features: Suction cup base, 6 thrusting speeds
Technically, the Velvet Mini Teddy isn’t a vibrator at all; it’s a thrusting dildo.
The Mini Teddy has a 5-inch insertable length, with a 2.5-inch stroke length (making this up to 7.5 inches insertable when fully extended). It’s also got a 1.5-inch wide shaft, which puts it right about average with a lot of other penetrating toys.
We’re counting it as a vibrator because it serves a lot of the same purposes, but keep in mind it is more of a hybrid dildo/vibe. The Velvet Mini Teddy has 6 speeds that go up to 125 thrusts per minute (2 thrusts per second, roughly the same tempo as a lot of EDM / house music).
The suction cup really helps here, as you can set the Teddy up horizontally or vertically on a smooth surface and let it do it’s thing, freeing your hands up you use a vibe on your clit.
- Suction cup base: simply plant the teddy on your favorite smooth surface and let it do the work for you.
- 6 speeds: start slow and work up to a rhythmic climax at 128 TPM (thrusts per minute).
- Quality construction: silky soft silicone and easy-to-use controls.
- Phallic shape: a decent imitation of a real penis in texture and feel.
- Not realistic looking: no flesh tones available in case you wanted something that feels and looks like the real thing.
- Not super quiet: less than ideal if you have roommates or need a discreet toy.
Velvet Mini Thruster: Final Review
The Mini Teddy is more of a mini fucking machine that a strict vibrator. That said it’s still great toy if you’re looking for something different, particularly something hands-free.
SHOP MINI TEDDY THRUSTER AT SHEVIBE
SHOP MINI TEDDY THRUSTER AT PEEPSHOWTOYS
Fun Factory Stronic Line
The Stronic line by FunFactory are much more vibrator-like than the thrusting Mini Teddy. They’re technically ‘pulsers’ which means they have a much shorter stroke length, but are also much quicker on the back-and-forth, which makes them closer to a normal vibe.
There’s several different shapes in the Stronic collection, meaning the best one for you is going to be the one that matches the kind of stimulation you like. There’s everything ranging from smooth, semi-realistic vibes like the Stronic Real or Stronic G to the bumpy and ripples toys of the Stronic Surf and Drei.
LoveHoney Thrusting Happy Rabbit
There’s no real budget thrusters out there, but the LoveHoney Happy Rabbit is one of the more affordable ones at $110. This one is a rabbit-style vibe, although it suffers from the same problem that most rabbits suffer from – the clit stimulation is lacking compared to a dedicated clit vibrator.
The stroke length is a bit shorter than the Mini Teddy and there’s no suction cup base, which is a huge miss on this style of toy. But it’s still a solid thrusting vibrator with a lot to love.
Best Wearable Vibrator: We-Vibe Moxie
We-Vibe Moxie Specs:
Our Rating: 8.4 / 10
Dimensions: 3.6″ long by 2.5″ wide by 1.4″ thick
Features: Magnetic clip to attach to panties, bluetooth app for remote control
Yet another fantastic toy by We-Vibe on this best of list. Moxie has a single unique feature that makes it the best wearable vibrator hands-down (or should we say hands-free) – a magnetic clip that locks it in place using your panties.
This is a clitoral vibrator that was entirely designed to be wearable and for public play. It has the same rumbly vibrations that all We-Vibes are known for, which delivers some amazing sensations given the clip that keeps it locked onto your clitoris.
It’s far-and-away the best panty vibe we’ve ever reviewed, as most are clunky and simply not powerful enough.
There are a few downsides: it seems to be a bit weaker than something like the Tango, while simultaneously being a bit louder. The strength isn’t really a problem, as we don’t think we could handle going about our day with something as powerful as the Tango. But it’s not as quiet as an internal wearable like the Lush, so it may be a bit awkward to use in quiet situations.
The bluetooth connectivity also suffers a bit through clothing, and the range is only about 10 feet, which means you need to be fairly close range to control it. Although that does make it great for solo use while out and about.
- Magnetic clip: keeps the Moxie firmly in place for stimulating the clit. No special panties or awkward harnesses needed.
- Power: the Moxie is much stronger and rumblier than other panty vibrators.
- Quality: the overall quality and aesthetics you’d expect from We-Vibe. Comes with a 2-year warranty as well.
- Great in the bedroom too: Moxie is also great for non-penetrative play for her, particularly when using a strap-on.
- The app and remote control are sometimes difficult to work and don’t always connect well through clothing.
- The max range is only 3-4 meters, so it only works well-close up.
- Moxie isn’t super loud, but it could be a bit more quiet for public play in quiet venues.
We-Vibe Moxie: Final Review
All said, the Moxie is definitely the best wearable clit vibrator on the market. It’s not perfect, but it has a lot of features that allow it to do its job more than admirably and really turn up the heat for some public kink.
Dame Eva Hands-Free Clit Vibe
Eva by Dame is another great hands-free clit vibrator that uses two elastic arms to nestle the vibrator in between your labia, right over the clit. It doesn’t stay in place as well as the Moxie’s magnetic clip, and it’s less powerful, but generally fulfills the same use-case. It can technically be used during penetrative sex, but you might find it hard to keep in place with all that motion.
Budget Option: Ytoy Wearable Panty Vibe ($25)
We’re a little skeptical on this wearable panty vibe from YTOY as it’s an Amazon-only manufacturer, and we generally don’t trust sex toy makers who only deal through Amazon for quality control reasons. But it’s got a 4.3 average rating with 500+ reviews, and we like the design a lot more than your traditional bullet panty vibe.
It is made of body-safe silicone and is moderately strong, if not a little buzzy. The battery life also isn’t great for a wearable, but them’s the breaks for such a remote-control vibrator at such a great price point.
Best Rabbit: FunFactory Miss Bi
Miss Bi Rabbit Specs:
Our Rating: 8.0 / 10
Insertable Length: 3.15″
Max Girth: 1.6″
Materials: Silicone body and smooth plastic handle
Features: 2 powerful motors, thick & stout shaft, ergonomic grip, travel lock
Rabbits are possibly THE most (in)famous style of vibrator. And the idea seems great; clit and G-spot stimulation at once? What’s not to like?
The problem is a rabbit vibrator’s effectiveness is going to depend greatly on your own anatomy. They also typically suffer from having stronger internal vibrations and weaker clitoral ones; a pattern that’s honestly the opposite of what most women want and need.
So here we are in the awkward spot of reviewing the ‘best’ rabbit vibe, without loving rabbit vibes ourselves. And while we think the FunFactory Miss Bi is definitely the best rabbit vibe out there, it still falls quite a bit below many of the other vibes on this list.
We’d prefer to use a G-spot wand like the Pure Wand with a dedicated clit vibe like the We-Vibe Tango than try to do both half-assedly with a single toy.
Rabbit vibrators can be amazing if you find one that’s well suited to your anatomy and has the right power level, it’s just so variable it’s hard to recommend one toy that will fit for everyone reading this best-of article.
- Thickness: we like the thick, stout shape of Miss Bi, as it provides stretching stimulation in addition to G-spot and clit vibrations.
- Power: FunFactory has some really powerful motors, and Miss Bi is no exception. This means the clitoral ‘ears’ of the rabbit pack the punch that many women need to orgasm.
- Broad stimulation: the point of a rabbit vibe is to hit all the spots, and Miss Bi’s broad vibrations do just that.
- The silicone tends to dry out more than most other silicone toys, which can get irritating without enough water-based lube.
- In order to get strong enough vibrations to the clit, the insertable arm may be too much to handle.
Miss Bi Rabbit Vibe: Final Review
If you really want a top-notch rabbit vibe, the we do heartily recommend the FunFactory Miss Bi. But don’t say we didn’t warn you when it turns out to not be the right combination of sensations you were hoping for.
The other reason we like Miss Bi is that it works absolutely fantastically as a purely clitoral vibrator, so you can always fall back on that use if the rabbit ears let you down.
Lelo Ina 2
The Lelo Ina 2 is the same internal body as the Mona 2 that we dubbed “Best g-spot vibrator,” but with the added clitoral bulb.
It’s got nearly all the same features as the Mona: it’s powerful (if not slightly buzzy), and has a good shape and girth for internal vaginal stimulation. We do really like the vibration modes that let you target just the shaft, the rabbit ears, or both in alternating fashion.
We find the way Lelo’s buttons work to be slightly annoying, and the price tag isn’t cheap ($180), but it is a fantastic quality rabbit vibe for the serious sex toy connoisseur.
The Nova has possibly the most flexible clit stimulator of any rabbit vibe we’ve reviewed. This allows the Nova to make for a much better thrusting toy, as you can move it in and out and the flexible clitoral arm will still provide vibrations where they need to be.
That doesn’t mean it will work right for your anatomy, but it’s a much better universal rabbit vibe than the vast majority. Combined with the rumbly vibrations that all We-Vibes are known for, and it’s a great dual-stimulation toy.
Budget Option: Satisfyer Mister Rabbit ($50)
As with all the Satisfyer toy’s in this best-of review, they’re incredibly powerful at the expense of some of the better quality-of-life features. In this case, Mr. Rabbit has intense internal vibrations for just $50, but as with most rabbits the clit arm is lacking. You can always use it as a purely clitoral vibrator, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a rabbit vibe, doesn’t it?
Best Finger Vibrator: Hot Octopuss DiGiT
DiGiT Finger Vibe Specs:
Our Rating: 7.8 / 10
Dimensions: 3.5″ long by 1.2″ wide
Materials: Silicone bullet vibe with hard plastic finger loops
Features: Flat head for broad vibrations, 5 speed settings and 5 vibration modes.
Finger vibrators like the Hot Octopuss DiGiT are similar to bullet vibes in size and shape, but with added ergonomics to allow for easy use with your fingers for both clitoral and g-spot stimulation.
In the case of the DiGiT, there’s a solid two-finger loop that affords nice control no matter how you choose to use it. DiGiT also has a sleek aesthetic and sharp lines that really set this finger vibe apart from all the soft, pink and purple vibes on this best-of list.
The vibrations are fairly deep and rumbly, although not as strong as something like the Tango. That said, the finger loops allow for better targeted pressure to accurately pinpoint your (or your partner’s) erogenous zones.
- Finger control: allows you to send vibrations where they need to go with all the dexterity and pressure of your own hands.
- Quiet: the DiGiT is fairly quiet if you’re looking for some sneaky solo pleasure.
- Fully waterproof: great for some hands-on vibrations in the shower or bath.
- Not as powerful as some similar-sized bullet vibes.
- Battery only lasts ~45 minutes on a full charge
Hot Octopuss DiGiT Final Review
We find the DiGiT to be best for partner use, as there are simply stronger vibrators to use for solo play. We particularly like how the finger loop turns this bullet vibe into a G-spot vibe and allows for that sexy “come hither” motion for some real stimulation.
Yumi by VeDO is a small mini-vibe with an ergonomic finger-grip. Not as easy to grip as the DiGiT, but it’s surprisingly powerful (and silent) for its size. It’s also a bit more budget-friendly at just $45. It loses out on the title of “best finger vibrator” because some users report problems with the battery holding a charge and are a dud right out of the box. VeDO does offer a one-year warranty through their own website should this happen.
Budget Option: Screaming O Charged Fing O ($30)
A short, nubby looking finger vibe. The Fing O is actually made of ABS plastic which is fully body-safe, but not nearly as soft as silicone. It’s plenty powerful for a compact vibrator and has a 1-hour battery life, but we don’t like the thick shape as much for G-spot stimulation. It’s still fine for external use though.
What’s the difference between a vibrator and a dildo?
Dildos are designed primarily for penetrating, and are generally phallic-looking in shape. Some dildos vibrate, but their main purpose is for penetrative pleasure. They often have large base for use with a strap-on harness or suction cup to stand on their own.
Vibrators come in many shapes and sizes, and are generally designed to vibrate while held in place against a key erogenous zone (clit, g-spot, prostate). Vibrators are also generally designed to be used by hand – very few have bases compatible with a harness or are free-standing.
Is it normal if my wife or girlfriend wants to use a vibrator?
Yes! Masturbation is a part of a healthy sex life, and it’s perfectly normal if your wife or girlfriend wants to use one on her own or as part of your foreplay and sex routine.
The fact is, many women need dedicated clitoral stimulation above and beyond penetrative sex to achieve strong orgasms, and a good vibrator is one of the best ways to achieve that. Using a vibrator can also help her (and you) get in-tune with her body, and lead to better sex for both of you.
How does a vibrator compare to the real thing?
Apples and oranges; vibrators feel entirely different than penises for a couple of reasons:
- Penises don’t vibrate. The feeling of PiV sex is more of a stretch and rubbing sensation than what you get with a vibe.
- Materials: most vibrating sex toys are made of firm ABS plastic or firm silicone, which helps transmit vibrations where you want them.
- Shape and texture: most vibes are smooth and have curvy shapes. Penises are (mostly) straight with micro-textures due to skin folds and veins.
If you want something comparable to the real thing, your best bet is a quality realistic dildo made of dual-density silicone.
How should I clean my vibrator?
Since most vibrators are either ABS plastic or silicone, warm soapy water is usually perfect.
If your toy isn’t completely waterproof, you’ll need to be mindful of the electronics involved. To be on the safe side, always make sure your toy is not connected to power and, if possible, remove any batteries before getting near water.
An old toothbrush or small sponge is useful for detailing and cleaning in any nooks in the toy.
Can using a vibrator too much desensitize or damage my vagina?
The short answer: no. There is no medical evidence that using a vibrator frequently can cause any long term damage to the soft tissues or nerve endings of your vagina. In fact, using vibrators can help in a variety of ways including:
- Increased wetness and self-lubrication
- Improved blood flow to the soft tissues of the vagina
- Better overall sexual function
The nuanced answer is that some particularly powerful and/or buzzy vibrators can cause short-term numbness because of the intensity of the vibrations. Don’t worry though – sensation should return fairly quickly (within an hour or two, tops).
Keep in mind some vibrators can feel really intense – if anything hurts during use you need to listen to your body and stop and re-evaluate. You can always use more high-quality lube or try using the vibrator through your panties or a sheet if the sensation is too powerful.
What’s the best way to hide a vibrator?
Depends on who you’re trying to hide it from. Kids? Any drawer, cabinet, or closet space out of their reach is fine. Parents? Your underwear drawer, deep in a closet, or under the bed works.
For added secrecy, it helps to put the vibe in a box or bag with other personal items that nobody but you checks. Jacket pockets or shoes in your closet are also good places, or you can empty a conditioner bottle or box of tissues and hide it that way.
You can also opt for a discreet-looking toy like the Lelo Mia 2 lipstick vibe or the Crave Vesper necklace vibe.
Lastly – if anyone is snooping through your stuff (whether that be parents, kids, or roommates), you need to have a frank discussion about respecting your boundaries.
How do I incorporate a vibe into our sex life?
The first step is always going to be communication with your partner. An ideal time is right after you’ve finished having sex; we always do a quick rundown of what worked and what didn’t while cuddling, and that’s a perfect time to broach the conversation.
If you’re a girl: explain that you want to try some new things and add some targeted clit stimulation into the mix. Explain that it makes you orgasm better and offer to let him use it on you during sex.
If you’re a guy: explain that you want to give her the best orgasms possible and that it would be a big turn on for you to watch her use it or let you use it on her.
Once all parties are agreed, it helps to shop for your new toy together to make it a bonding experience (and ensure the vibe will work for both of you).
Wrapping Up The Best Vibrators
Well… if you’re still reading this, we’ve gone on long enough.
This guide is the result of over 2 months of researching, planning, testing, and writing. We hope it helps you and/or your significant other have some amazing orgasms. We’ll also keep it up-to-date over time as we test new toys or new products are released.
If you do decide to buy a vibe we reviewed in this article, it would be a HUGE help if you buy through one of our links. We receive a small commission if you do – at no extra cost to you – and it would go a long way in helping us keep the lights on for more great reviews and guides in the future.
Thanks for reading, and may you have some amazing orgasms in your near-future!