nJoy Pure Plugs are the gold-standard (technically, stainless steel standard) when it comes to metal butt plugs.
And nJoy is widely known to make some amazing toys, despite only 6 products in their catalog. Quality over quantity.
But do they live up to the hype?
Well, we rated the Pure Plug the best overall metal butt plug in our breakdown of the best metal plugs. So, yeah. Sleek, sexy, and bound to give you amazing anal sensations no matter how you end up using them.
With 4 sizes to choose from ranging from small to the massive Pure Plug 2.0 XL, it’s easy to find the right size.
Disclosure: some of the links on this page are affiliate links, meaning we get paid if you buy a product using one of our links, at no extra cost to you. We never let affiliate programs influence our decisions on the best sex toys, and the opinions here are our own. We’ve spent hundreds of hours reviewing and testing toys and this is how we keep the lights on. Read our full affiliate disclosure.
- Quality: nJoy is known for the extremely high quality of all their metal anal toys, and each Pure Plug feels like a work of art.
- Weight: The Pure Plug is quite heavy, which means it bounces around in a pleasurable way as you move.
- Temperature: stainless steel is ideal for temperature play: it feels cool on insertion and can be pre-heated or cooled too.
- Extended Wear: Steel can be used with silicone lube, which is long-lasting. Sits snugly in place and the handle is thin enough to be comfortable.
- O-ring base: The ergonomic O-ring makes for easy insertion and removal even with lubed-up fingers.
- Stainless steel isn’t cheap, and you’ll want to be sure you get the right size for your experience level.
- Large jump up in size from the large to the 2.0 XL Pure Plug
Price: $65 – $120
Insertable Length: 2.25″, 2.5″, 2.75″, 3.5″
Max Girth: 1″, 1.25″, 1.5″, 2″
Materials: 100% Stainless Steel
Features: Secure, flared O-ring base
Feel the Stainless Steel Difference
The nJoy Pure Plugs are made from high quality, 100% stainless steel. The entire nJoy toy lineup is very well engineered and they set the bar for quality in the metal sex toys field.
As we wrote about with the Pure Wand, you really notice the little details that went into designing these toys. Details like:
- The slightly tapered tip to warm you up.
- The dropoff from bulb-to-neck that’s enough to keep the plug in place, but not so much that it’s difficult to remove.
- The reverse-tapered neck that encourages your ass to keep the plug in place for extended periods.
- The O-ring handle ensures the plug will never get lost inside you, and is great for active, in-and-out play.
Keep in mind that pure stainless steel ensures these butt plugs feel very different from your typical silicone anal toy, with a few main differences to note:
- Temperature – steel plugs at room temperature will already feel a bit cool when inserting(can be a pro or a con depending on personal preference). However the metal can also be pre-heated or cooled to add additional stimulation.
- Hardness – silicone toys typically squeeze down to a slightly smaller girth (eg. a 1.5″ toy might feel like 1.25″), but stainless steel has zero give. This feels great for short-term stretch, but can become uncomfortable during long-term wear. Although the neck on these plugs is so thin, it isn’t really an issue here.
- Weight – even though these plugs are small, they’re heavy. You’ll definitely notice the added weight of the stainless steel over a silicone plug.
In fact, the very first thing you’ll notice about your nJoy Pure Plug as you pick it up out of the satin storage box is just how heavy it is.
This is our favorite part of these toys, as the added weight bounces around and stretches your ass in ways that lighter materials simply can’t.
The only downside we found with these butt plugs is that they’re sized a bit small, with a huge jump up to the XL.
The smallest plug is 1″ wide and 2.25″ insertable. That’s a beginner sized anal toy, and you may want to upgrade quickly – which is tough when the small costs $65.
Here’s a breakdown of the sizes on the small, medium, and large Pure Plugs:
The “Large” is more of a traditional “Medium” with a max girth of 1.5″ and a max insertable length of 2.75″.
However, the medium / large Pure plugs are more filling than a similar silicone butt plug because of the hardness factor mentioned above.
If you want a truly large plug, you’ll have to size up to the 2.0 XL over the L here, but don’t be fooled – the 2.0 XL is truly massive (and heavy)!
No seriously, you could probably curl it like a dumbbell.
Ideal Anal Plug for Long-Term Wear
The nJoy Pure Plugs are fantastic for standard anal play solo or with a partner. The bulbous tip provides excellent stimulation once the plug is inserted, while the slim neck and flared base help it sit comfortably in position once inserted.
And the weight of stainless steel! That’s one of the biggest draws here, as these toys are so much more solid than a silicone plug. The added weight moves a lot more when you move around, which makes the pure plug quite exciting to wear.
The reverse-taper on the neck of the Pure Plugs also helps to keep it squarely in place as you move around. Once the plug is fully inserted, it also feels great to pull it out the the back of the bulb, and then let your ass swallow up the reverse taper and pull it back into place.
The solid O-ring base makes it easy to insert or remove the nJoy Pure Plugs, even with slippery, lubey hands.
The steel looks and feels luxurious, especially with the classy pink satin-lined storage case that comes with each plug.
That said, these plugs really excel for long-term wear for a couple of reasons:
- Stainless Steel means you can safely use long-lasting silicone lube without fear of damaging the toy (silicone lube damages silicone toys)
- The flared O-ring base is wide enough to ensure you will never lose it inside you, but flat enough that it will sit comfortably between your cheeks during the day
- The weight of the stainless steel gives a unique sensation (especially while walking or moving around) that you can’t get with lighter silicone plugs
We’re not into extreme long-term wear, but plenty of reviewers on reddit have reported leaving these in for 12-24 hours comfortably, with no problems.
The only potential problem here – the O-shaped handle does stick very slightly – about an inch or so – so if you’re a very petite person and have a flat butt, it may stick out a bit if you bend over or sit down with this inserted. That said, it only sticks out about 1 inch which should be plenty short enough for most users.
See What Others Are Saying About the Pure Plug
Don’t take it from us – the Pure Plug has overwhelmingly positive reviews all over the internet. As of the time of this writing on Amazon:
- The small Pure Plug has a 4.2 star rating with 61 reviews
- The medium has an average rating of 4.5 stars with 151 reviews
- The large has an average rating of 4.4 stars with 139 reviews
- The Pure Plug 2.0 XL has an average rating of 4.5 with 117 reviews
The perfect all-day butt plug: this user has left their medium Pure Plug in for days at a time:
Another user that loves the large plug for extended wear. As we mention above, the large is really more of a “medium”!
And here’s yet another user that loves the Pure Plug 2.0 XL for everyday wear:
One last review of the small Pure Plug. The small size gets all the positive reviews the other sizes get, but one common theme is they wish they’d bought the medium or large Pure Plug:
nJoy Pure Plug: Final Review
When it comes to metal sex toys, there’s a reason why nJoy is by FAR the leading name in the game.
Their products are made from body safe, 100% stainless steel and their products are well-designed. The Pure Plugs are no exception, and we highly recommend these toys to anyone looking for a metal butt plug.
There are some pros and cons specific to any metal sex toy, with the biggest con being the cost vs. similar-sized silicone toys.
But if you know what size you’re looking for ahead of time, then the Pure Plug is worth every penny and is without a doubt one of the most popular butt plugs on the market.
Overall we give it a 9.6 / 10, with the missing points for the higher cost vs. size compared to silicone toys, and the slightly inconsistent size jumps.
However, if cost is no option, then the Pure Plug is by far the best metal butt plug around.