Welcome to our first Sex Toy Nerds guide: everything you need to know to go from anal sex beginner to expert!
We answer some of the most common questions about butt sex safety, how-tos, and tips to help make the experience as smooth as possible. We’ve broken the topic down into 5 main parts to make it easier to understand everything.
If you’re a complete novice we recommend you start with the first post and work your way through. Or you can always jump ahead to a topic that looks interesting – we won’t mind!
Anal Sex 101: How to Perform an Enema the Right Way
As a topic, enemas get a lot of conflicting and downright bad advice published on the internet. We’ve cut through the crap, and distilled everything you need to know about anal douching to a concise, easy to follow checklist. This way you can feel clean and confident the next time you do butt stuff with your partner, without worrying that you’re doing anything to affect your health.
In this post we’ll also examine:
- Basic anatomy of the anus, rectum, and colon as it pertains to anal sex
- Do you really need to perform an enema to be clean for anal sex? We’ll also look at the 3 basic types of enemas.
- What kind of enema should you use? Health blogs these days recommend so many different kinds…
- Are enemas and colonics safe to perform regularly? What are the health concerns involved?
- What other alternatives are there to cleaning out for anal play?
Anal Sex 102: How to Pick Your First Anal Sex Toy
Finding the perfect sex toy is complicated. We know; it’s literally all we do.
There’s endless levels of quality, price, and features to wade through. Not to mention knockoff manufacturers imitating popular name-brand toys, and unethical sellers using vague language to sell their unsafe sex toys.
In this post, we’ll educate you about which features are important in an anal sex toy, and what to look out for including:
- Which materials are best for anal sex toys, and which popular materials are unsafe (but still sold because they’re cheap).
- How to pick the right length and thickness for your first anal toy
- What shapes are best for beginners, and which shapes should be avoided
- How to pick the right toy base for your needs
Anal Sex 103: What’s The Best Lube for Anal?
Ask any sex expert, and the key to having great anal sex is lube. Lube, lube, and more LUBE. But not all lubes are created equal – especially not for anal sex.
And quality goes a long ways over quantity, trust us. It’s much better to use a moderate amount of a high quality lube, than a large amount of a moderate quality lube. Your bedsheets will thank you later. In this post we’ll examine:
- The difference between water, silicone, and oil based lubricants
- The differences between lube for anal and vaginal sex
- Which popular anal lubricants to avoid at all costs
- What are the best brands of lube to buy specifically for anal
Anal Sex 104: How to Prepare for Anal Sex
After all that preamble, we finally get to the main thing! Like anything worthwhile, anal sex can take a bit of practice to really master. We make this learning process as painless as possible (literally and figuratively) by outlining an anal sex preparation checklist summarizing everything we’ve learned to this point.
We’ll also provide some in-depth tips on:
- How we can work with our rectal anatomy to have better anal sex.
- How to properly warm up the anus with fingers and a toy.
- How to progress from foreplay to actual anal sex.
Anal Sex 105: How to Talk About Anal With Your Partner
Not everyone is into the same kinks in the bedroom. Even though anal is more popular than it’s ever been, there’s still a good chance your partner doesn’t find it a turn on.
This blog post will discuss the ins and outs of talking about anal sex with your partner, including:
- How to have a healthy discussion about bedroom kinks with your partner
- Common objections that may arise including cleanliness, discomfort, and dominant / submissive roles in the bedroom
- Specific scenarios for both women and men to discuss sexual needs with their partner