Like with most Aneros toys, the Tempo’s curves are well designed to get you off with prostate stimulation. There’s something particularly great about a steel Aneros toy (both for temperature and firmness), and this is the only steel toy in their lineup. We just wish it was bigger, or came in multiple sizes.
Disclosure: some of the links on this page are affiliate links, meaning we get paid if you buy a product using one of our links, at no extra cost to you. We never let affiliate programs influence our decisions on the best sex toys, and the opinions here are our own. We’ve spent hundreds of hours reviewing and testing toys and this is how we keep the lights on. Read our full affiliate disclosure.
- P-spot: designed for maximal prostate stimulation
- Stainless steel: makes for a solid toy and provides novel sensations vs silicone
- Elegant design: ll the subtle curves the Aneros is known for in all their toys
- It only comes in one size, and it's not very big.
- It's also not on the cheap side of things, especially compared to bigger prostate wands.
Insertable Length: 3.75″ full length
Max Girth: .85″ at tip of knob
Materials: 100% stainless steel
Features: Prostate stimulation bulb and rippled shaft
Part Butt Plug, Part Prostate Wand
The Aneros Tempo hits a lot of the right points – figuratively and literally. Aneros is known for making well engineered toys with curves and ripples that can be used to get off in almost limitless ways. The tempo is simpler than other Aneros products, but still offers more novel ripples and bulges than most other metal toys we’ve seen.
It suffers from the same problem as other metal prostate plugs – it’s hard to straddle the line of “long and thick enough to hit the prostate” without being uncomfortable for extended use from the rigidity of the steel.
Aneros Plus Stainless Steel Equals Bliss
Luckily, Aneros engineering + stainless steel is a match made in heaven, for two main reasons:
- The firmness of the steel lets you really control the pressure on your prostate, and provides extra pressure that you simply can’t get with softer sex toy materials
- The steel’s temperature changes are fantastic, as it feels exciting and cool on first insertion. Then it warms up over a couple of minutes of use, and gets up to body temperature right as you really hit your rhythm a few minutes in
Because of these design features, the Aneros Tempo is best used more like a prostate massage wand than a butt plug. The ripples mean it’s best when sliding in and out, and the bulb is best used to pinpoint the prostate. That said because of the thin neck, reasonable length, and flared base, you could use it short-term as a regular butt plug during sex.
The Aneros Tempo doesn’t seem like much based on size measurements alone, but it does a lot right to make it an ideal prostate stimulator.
Steel is a perfect material for prostate massagers and offers a lot that’s hard to replace with a silicone toy. That said, it is a bit pricey and is objectively on the small side so we give it a 7.0 / 10 overall.