Puppy Tail plugs by SquarePeg Toys are fantastic if you’re looking to get ruff and kinky with your partner.
No one else does puppy tail butt plugs better than SquarePeg toys. The variety in sizes, tail shapes, and colors means you’ll find the perfect dog tail for you or your partner.
Disclosure: some of the links on this page are affiliate links, meaning we get paid if you buy a product using one of our links, at no extra cost to you. We never let affiliate programs influence our decisions on the best sex toys, and the opinions here are our own. We’ve spent hundreds of hours reviewing and testing toys and this is how we keep the lights on. Read our full affiliate disclosure.
- Materials: can be made with either regular or ultra-soft silicone with all the quality SquarePeg Toys is known for
- Variety: with over 5 different puppy tail butt plugs to choose from
- Colors: Some of the tails come in multiple colors
- Sizes: These plugs can go much larger than your typical butt plug, if that's what you're looking for.
- Even the smallest plug may be a bit large if you're just getting into anal play.
- Be careful with storage if you opt for the ultra-soft silicone version.
- Large plugs are fairly expensive.
Price: $60 – $150
Insertable Length: 3.7″ (SM) – 6.0″ (XL)
Tail Length: 9″ – 12″
Max Girth: 1.5″ – 2.6″
Materials: Premium Silicone
Build Quality & Materials
We’re technically reviewing 5 different puppy tail butt plugs in one here. All 5 plugs share the same size and material options for the plug itself, the only real difference is which kind of tail is attached to the plug.
- Happy Puppy – the original, standard puppy tail, available in 15+ colors.
- Woofy – a much thicker silicone tail. Available in black only.
- Wag – a thin, flexible tail with a lot of movement. Available in black only.
- Docked – a short, firm tail that’s ideal for external stimulation. Available in black only.
- Pug / Pig tail – a short, curly tail with textured surface. Available in 5 colors.
The silicone that makes up the actual tails is generally fairly firm (with the exception of Wag), however the plugs are available in both:
- Standard silicone – soft and somewhat flexible with a little give to the material
- Extra soft silicone – extremely soft with lots of give. Be careful when storing toys made of ultra soft silicone to prevent permanent creases.
Function & Use
We mentioned this in our review of the Egg Plug – but SquarePeg’s anal plugs aren’t for beginners. The “extra small” is the same size as many other brand’s medium, and it only goes up from there.
From their own website:
Extra small – For several years, the small was the smallest size plug available but is was discovered to be too big for those with trauma or scar tissue that doesn’t stretch. I would only recommend the XS in these rare instances.
Small – For those who rarely or never get penetrated. If you still believe it might be too big just consider how large your bowel movements can be. It usually comes down to a matter of relaxing into it.
Medium – Designed to be the standard for the average person who might enjoy hole play and gets penetrated regularly.
Large – A significant step up from the Medium, the large is intended for those who play with girthy toys and are accustommed to wearing plugs for extended periods.
Extra Large – Designed for those who play with large toys or engage in fisting.
To experienced anal explorers looking for a bigger plug, this is all great news. That said, it’s difficult to recommend these plugs to first-time users. And due to the cost of the extra silicone for the tails, it can be pricey to buy both two sizes at once.
That said, the ultra soft silicone has a lot of give, and may be easier to fit a larger toy made of this material than other silicone anal toys.
Care & Cleaning
Regular care and cleaning rules for silicone generally apply. The only consideration is for the ultra-soft silicone versions of these puppy anal plugs. Ultrasoft silicone is prone to creases and deformations if not stored on a soft, flat surface.
You also want to make sure to keep these toys away from any toxic toys of questionable materials, as the ultra-soft silicone can leech off the toxic materials. In short: store ultrasoft silicone toys in a safe, flat space away from other toys.
SquarePeg Puppy Tails: In Conclusion
If you’re looking for some doggy roleplay, these are by far the best butt plugs we’ve reviewed. They’re not for beginners – but if you know what you’re looking for and how big you can handle, they can’t be beat.